IGNORED

Which Ignition System do you use?

Ed

I check his site again to make sure and he did say a 240's could'nt be used. (His name is Bryan Little not Brian, my bad) How did you do yours? Not having to swap out tachs suits me just fine.:D

When you do the hook up and connect the wireing if when hooked up the tach wont work you just reverse the wires and volia. there is a web site called zcar.com if you go there and select the early dates of 70-83 you will come up with a page like the forum here, in the upper border there is a search section key on that and then type in johnH240 and fine the posting on ignition up date . If you dont have any luck email me and I will help you ,but john has posted a step by step , also yoou can e-mail him , he really knows his stuff . He knows me as luggnut73

I run a Mallory dual point with the points. It works fine. I like tinkering and adjusting things, so I like the points. I get a feeling of acmplishment from properly setting the dwell, adjusting valves, and jetting carburators. It's fun to see the performance improvement when things are set correctly. The other stuff works fine, but if I wanted maintenance free I would get a new car.

What ever floats your boat. I prefer to drive my Z , I dont mind working on it at all , but driving it is much more fun for me. Besides the performance is so much better and the smoothnes of the overall driveability , for me is better after I pulled the duel point dist. . But that is my prefrence, all the best to you .

• 2 years later...

Mallory Unilite w/vac.adv., MSD Blaster coil, Magnacore KV85 plug wires and the ubiquitous NGK plugs (gapped at.040")....on my (internally) stock N42

Fires up evevry time, hot or cold weather, and never skips a beat across the power band. Hey, just like then modern ignitions do!!! ROFL

Where is the freakin POLL?

I have a Pertronix Ignitor in my 72 240Z and it works absolutely GREAT in my car. I followed the instructions given (to a "T"). It outperforms the POS Crane XR700 that I wasted $100 and a year of fiddling around trying to make the trigger optics stay in alignment and which FAILED on me causing the engine to just switch off at random times. (like in the fast lane of an interstate, or in the middle of an intersection)