IGNORED

Unusual Kenmeri QLD

Mat Big Hat

AAh ok then. I just thought that with all this talk of there being no pre-301 numbered models in existence, then 170 might be something special. The car may be for sale, for the right price, but at the moment I think the owner wants to hang onto it. It's in need of a little TLC, but as I always say, if you ever found a '57 Chev in the same condition, you'd jump at the chance of owning it, regardless of the price.

Lachlan - yes, I've joined the dark side. You have to admit though, sideways around Willowbak autocross track in an angry bridgeport is hella fun. Of course if I had Gainsey's driving talent, it would be double the fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I could call it 'heart & lung transplant plus a wee bit of cosmetic surgery' but that'd be stretching the truth more than a little.

It's really a donor car for things like front uprights, rear axle etc for a 'toy' sitting in the workshop.

I'll try to get a pic or two soon of where some of the mechanicals are going.

Still 4 cyl powered, just Datsun instead of Prince.

• 8 months later...