IGNORED

2007 Z National Convention (ZCON) Info

westpak

Carl,

I had asked someone who was introduced to me as a large part of the ZCCA show essentially same question at the Autoway show, and was told we (Those coming in Sunday before the show-and staying through the following saturday-after the Raceway was no longer hosting us)would be parking the trailers in the hotel lot on the timeframe outside of the speedway use window. Looks like that was misinformation-not that it is an issue for me anymore...

Will

I've pondered bringing my Z for many months but I think it is not show worthy, but I'll be there and taking a full load of photos.

We are never done or what we consider show worthy specially for those of us that do all of the work ourselves, we know where the flaws are and drive us nuts.

Bring her any way you don't have to enter in the show just register and park with the non showing Z's

Carl Beck and others ------ Parking concern at the Hilton:

I stayed at the Hilton in early May and highlited the parking concern on the Fl Z association forum on May 26. Somebody was supposed to negotiate parking options with the hotel but the thread has no feedback if anything was done or resolved.

The parking lot south west of the hotel is really not that large considering there are 744 rooms in the Hilton. This is a pay lot and those with long trailers may have to jump the curbs to get thru the entrance which is narrow and an attendant shack sits between the entrance and exit lanes. The Hilton does have valet parking on the north west entrance of the hotel but I don't think many of us would let that high school kid have the keys to your car ......... and don't think the trailers will fit.

Best option may be to keep the trailers away from the beach and leave them at the racetrack. Not sure what you do for the days outside the racetrack window?? Parking trailers on the beach would have been a great option but the weather man says the depressions in the Atlantic will be sending in huge waves to Daytona and other shorelines and the hard sand beach may disappear at high tide.

• 2 weeks later...

You should have come down anyway-these Florida guys know how to throw a party! My car wasn't ready either-thanks to a storm-but the party went on and had its own storm!

The only condition to be ashamed of with a z is the condition of no progress taking care of its issues. If you are making progress in getting it sorted out, you are doing fine. because of the frustration of being absolutley focussed on a project and seeing the end only hours away-and then getting the wind knocked into me, I haven't touched mine since the storm blew away some sheetmetal, but I am going to jump back in prep the new panels, re prep the car and finish her up by thanksgiving. I'll be enjoying the car before the new year and have almost a year to finish up and install modification before Cleveland! Nothing like a driving high and progress to gain momentum!

Will

PS,

Bill, I had hoped to break in my new tires on the speedway too-I put them on in the trailer! It was too cool to watch everyone else screaming around the track, so I took a picture of the finish line with no one crossing it and set up a date with Photoshop! I'll pass the original image along if it will ease your pain!

post-4106-14150801447264_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Took a few pictures at the Track day as well as the Auto-X at Deland. be more than happy to email these to you.

Looking for pics of my car if anyone has some.

It was the pee yella/puke green 72 240Z # 186.

Hopefully we can get some pics exchanged

When I return home I can email the better resolution pics however thepics I can send now would be relatively small in size.

PM me and let me know what color and number your car was and I will email you if I have it.