IGNORED

How long have you had your Z?

Walter Moore

I bought mine in El Cajon, CA back in 4/98 she had 23,652 miles on the odo. Probably 123,652. She was in pretty good shape. I paid $2295, still have the bill of sale. In the following four years I must have put atleast 100,000 miles on her. She was a daily driver. I replaced all the rubber, put in a five speed. Did the L28 swap, exhaust, wheels, brakes, etc... Then in 2002 I moved her to New York where she got a full restoration for her 30th birthday. Now she only see's nice weather and has 1,200 miles on her since I finished the restoration Aug of 2005. She's been taking first place at every show she's been to.

Now I'm going to try restoring my 74 Honda CB750.

I've had my 240 for 31 years now. Bought it from the original owner in 1975 who purchased it new right here in Lincoln, NE, so its never left home. Since it was never a daily driver or driven in the winter it's still in good shape (60k miles, original green paint, no rust). I used to autocross it some, but now its just a sunny day driver. Changed the rear gears to 3.90 for the autocrossing and later swapped in an 83 5 speed when the speed limits went back up. Now that I'm semi retired I've got more time to spend on the little things it needs, but its been put to bed for another winter in a nice dry place.

Bought my '71 240Z back in '77 when I was 19, my 1st car. Still have it and it has slowly evolved with time to be eons better than when I bought it. Now my wife and daughter both have their own '71 240Zs modified the way they like it.

Awesome. So they've grown to share your love of the 240z, eh? Talk about keeping it in the family...

I have had my car for 1 year as of December. A 72. I am doing a full restore and turning it into a Works inspired race car. Gathering parts has been the long and painful ( $$$$$ ) process.

New Hood

New Fenders

New 5 piece Gnose

New Frame Rails/Floorboards

Refurbished 3.9 R200 Diff

To Do's

Need a close to new hatch.

Either ditch the current L24(Numbers dont match :-( ) and go for a stroked L24 to L27 or L28 to L31.

Need 3 piece rear spoiler

Triple Mikuni's

Need racing seats

etc..etc...etc..

Sometimes I get a little down when others cant see the dream I am after(ie dad calling car a piece of junk). But he will be added to the list of people if not the 1st person I race against. For some reason he worships his 1963 Ford Galaxie 500 but I do plan on handing him a L.

One of my life's most unforgetable experiences was the day I picked up my 1/71 series 1 240Z from Thoroughbred Datsun's showroom floor in Tucson after it had been prepped for delivery. Sure wish I would have requested keeping those D hubcaps as the car was sold only with Aluminum mags.

It will be 36 years this coming March, 2007 that I have owned my Z, 36 years of pure enjoyment and memories.

Dan

hls30-20419 Original Owner

Its so crazy with many of you guys here having your original car for decades for even have multiple Z cars.

I am 17 and recently bought my 71' 4-Speed 240Z in July of this year. I have been away from her all this time, but I am going back in the beginning of January to say hello and hopefully get her in driving condition to bring her back! :)

I plan on keeping her for a long time!!! From what I know and from what my brother can tell, not much work needs to be put into the car as the previous owner did a lot of work himself before selling it. He mostly did exterior/engine bay so all I really need to do is the interior. Thats were 3/4 of my money is going currently.

This has been my dream car for about 2 or 3 years now. I would have liked to buy my second dream car, my only other dream car, but that thing clocks in at $85,000 as it is a Dodge SRT10. The Z looks cooler anyways.

1971 240Z - from 1978 to 1982 daily driver

1975 280Z - from 1982 to 1989 daily driver

1978 280Z - from 1994 to 2003 (never ran rustbucket)

1970 240Z - from 2003 to now. (disassembled project car. Never driven)

1978 280Z - winter project, summer daily driver.

So there have actually only been about 5 years since I turned 16 that I haven't owned a Z! Never quite mapped it out before like that...