IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

Testees??? I'm not touching that one.

Watched the original version (UK) of Life on Mars, no Zeds in that. US might be different, but after watching the pilot US version, didn't want to watch any more of them.

Capricorn one, yep thats been mentioned before, so has the back to the future one.

Theres a yellow 260Z in the movie Chopper, staring Eric Bana, before he became known in the US. Probably been said before too.

"Attention shoppers. Testees. That is all". Family guy quote, sort of. Sorry couldn't resist it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My car made it into a movie. recently released on DVD, "Milk". Its a little over 14 min into the movie. Its the scene where one of the guys is dancing. He passes by in front of the window. You can see my orange Z in the backround parked across the street. If you blink youll miss it (0.5 seconds of onscreen time).

• 1 month later...

I just saw TERMINATOR SALVATION which I thought was a pretty good flick. There is a scene in the streets around Los Angeles after 'Judgement Day' where there are a lot of abandoned, destroyed cars strewn along the street. Among them was a blue 280ZX. My wife and I were too excited seeing it that we forgot exactly which scene it was.

• 1 month later...

OK, don't hold it against me....but the wife had me watching old Michael Jackson as a "Remember these old video's" kinda thing. Anyways........

Michael Jackson Video

Song : Stranger in Moscow

Album : History (his-story)

there is a 240Z to his left, driving by on the road at 1:32 - 1:35 and again at 1:52 - 1:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZvsUbQKxQ

You don't even have to turn on the sound if you don't want to..

Dave

I saw three s30's the other night on ONE episode of Cops.

It was on and I hit the pause on our DVR. I cought the wheel well and wondered what it was. Then I saw a wide shot of some dumpy guy face down on the front lawn and it was parked in his driveway behind him.

The 2nd one was some dark colored 280z that the driver and passenger bailed from at low speed to continue fleeing on foot...

The third one was a white 240 used as a frisking table for a drunk driver. I don't know if it was his vehicle or if he was just wondering the streets, but it was in the parking lot of a Seven Eleven. hahaha...

That vehicle in Vanilla Sky was a black Ferrari 250... although I didn't pay close attention to the side window frame and windshield. It could have been a Z conversion. I'll have to look at the movie and see, but I doubt it. That movie production actually shut down and vacated Times Square for the first time in history for the scene with that car in it, so if the producer could afford to pay those businesses, I wouldn't doubt the legitimacy of the use of a real Ferrari from a private collection, museum or high end rental lot.

Unfortunately, I saw a 240Z get smashed by Sam Worthington in the new Terminator movie. It happens kind of quick, you got be paying attention. In the theater, I was freak'n out when I saw it. I was like,"YO, look out for that Z!"