IGNORED

Other cars you own, or drive?

astrohog

My daily driver is the Skyline. Just bought a 03 Lexus GS 300 for my return to Hawaii. It's sitting at my parents' house. The wife drives a 99 Toyota Harrier (aka Lexus RX 300). Don't know what she's going to get in Hawaii.

Notable previous cars: 65 Mustang, 84 Toyota Pickup, 73 Plymouth Duster (a clunker for sure, but it just wouldn't die), 69 Toyota Corona (Grandma's old car), 88 Toyota Camry Wagon (fast! this one ate up a lot of ricers)

At the moment the train is my form of transportation. Probably going to buy an AE82 Corolla as a run about for the weekends and would love a new ML Mitsubihsi Triton to tow the Datto around when its done.

Hi Guys:

My daily driver is an 88 Chevy 1500 Long Bed (8') Pickup. Basic truck with wind up windows, rubber mats (no carpet) and 257,000 miles. I'll most likely keep it and drive it until one of us passes away.

Whoever remarked that you can't have a house without a Pick-up is certainly right as far as I'm concerned.

To tell you the truth, I've become quite attached to the poor old thing. It has always done anything I ask of it, I can leave the keys in it and no one will steal it. I can park it in any parking lot and no one ever opens a door against it. The paint is pealing off like sunburned skin.. but the A/C still works even if the A/T is getting weak. I can throw anything in the bed, without the first worry about denting it or scratching the paint. It's always outside and always the first thing I jump in to drive.

I've gone out several times with the full intention of buying a new PU... but came home without one every time. I just can't see putting $30K into something that is depreciating rather than appreciating. I have to admit to suffering from Sticker Shock each time as well. The Nissan Titian Crew Cab... at around $21K on sale... is looking better and better.... but so far I just can't make myself do it...

My wife has a 2000 GMC Yukon XL... we love it. She also has a 91 Thunderbird Super Coupe as her "collectible". She's the original owner and has about 9K miles on it. I put a 100,000 miles on my 89 SC and sold it a couple years ago..(should have just stuck that one away too)...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Clearwater, FL

http://ZHome.com

post-3609-1415079805396_thumb.jpg

For me,

Currently:

I trade back and forth between my 2001 GMC Sierra and My 1971 Blue Z

to go back and forth to work, usually the Z only gets out 1 day a week, mostly Saturdays when traffics light and I can enjoy driving her the way she should be driven.

The Wife gets the 1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 V8 to drive...

Previously Enjoyed :

1st car: 1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 / 275 hp w/powerglide :)

2nd car: 1969 Chevelle SS396 /375 hp Muncie trans

3rd car: the next few years I rode motorcycles... Yamaha RD350,

Honda DOHC 450 Honda CB550 then back to cars...

4th car: 1971 Camaro RS / SS

5th car: Fiat Spyder 2000

6th car: Fiat X 19 (it was cheap ok!)

7th car: Datsun/Nissan 310GX

8th car: 79 Honda Prelude

9th car: 1984 Toyota Celica GTS

10th car: 1971 240Z

11th car: 1971 240Z (still have)

12th car: 1973 240Z (still have)

13th car: 1990 Mustang GT 5.0

14th car: 1971 240Z (current driver)

thats it for me :)

but that Mustang got absolutely embarassed LOL

I LOVE takin' down Mustangs!! (IN A WAGON!!!!)LOL

Good thread Astrohog, I've always wondered what kind of other vehicles the members here drive too.

Thanks! I thought it might be fun!:)

BTW - the Subie you have is SWEEET! Reminds me of my Maxima (same color too!) Unfortunately, I had to sell that about 4 years ago

And Thanks again! I hope people say that about my Z when it is done!!!!!

Regards,

Astrohog

Daily Drivers:

1. 1990 Nissan 300zxtt 5 spd.coupe :bandit:

2. 1991 Honda CRXsi 5 spd. :rambo:

3. 1987 Acura Legend 2.6L 5 spd. sedan :beard:

4. 1993 Acura Legend 3.2L 6 spd. coupe :ogre:

5. 1973 Datsun 240Z 2.4L 5 spd. coupe (all numbers match-but has a 5 spd.) :classic:

6. 1972 Datsun 240Z 2.4L 4 spd. coupe (all numbers match) :D

Projects:

2-1973 Datsun 240z parts cars (all numbers match) :sleep:

1- (7/70) 1971 Datsun 240Z 4 spd. with 4 screw SUs complete almost ready to start restoration (all numbers match-vin# HLS30-007032) :love:

All the drivers are great great fun but the 240Z's are my favorites. They are DRIVING. :knockedou

Jim D. :bunny:

I noticed that Jackboxx listed his 'previouly enjoyed' cars. I'd list all of the cars that I/we have ever owned. The 810 is my 49th! That doesn't count my wife's cars. But I have slowed way down on that in the last ten years or so.

Hi Guys:

Whoever remarked that you can't have a house without a Pick-up is certainly right as far as I'm concerned.

Do my shop trucks count?

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Shortbox 4x4 Hemi

2002 Chevy Colorado with weird 5 cylinder engine

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Longbox 2wd 360 Magnum

Chris A.