IGNORED

My Skyline finally arrived......

HS30-H

Couldn't agree more on the damage incurred in historic racing over your side of the world.

Have a look at http://www.classicadelaide.com.au/ca/index.htm for a better idea.

Sure, that's a bit far to go but there must be similar events in UK and Europe. Even tarmac navigational events would be great fun in a car like that.

Only snag I can see is you would need to source and mount a second seat plus install some decent headlights.

It would be a shame not to be able to use the car as it was originally intended.

Hi Alan, I'm absolutely speechless well done I'm sure you were given this car because the previous owner knew it would be in correct hands.

You have my dream garage. BTW does this set back the 432R replica project?:classic:

He GAVE you a GT-R?

Seriously? As fantastic as this is I am somehow not surprised coming from the Japanese... What an amazing people...

Check my avatar: I was given a single S20 piston several years ago by the shop owner of Refresh60... I guess I have to work my way up one part at a time... :)

-e

So, have you moved a mattress out to the garage yet?

Unfortunately for Alan it's not that easy. He has multiple scattered garages located miles from his home due to the space situation and congestion in London. Perhaps he has a special garage picked out for this car ...

Alan,

I'd like to congratulate you on a spectacular addition. Any classic car of that caliber is very rare, but to have a Hakosuka in that condition is the stuff of dreams. I am sure I speak for most of us here when I say I am quite envious. I have tallied the money I have spent on the build of my car and at times wondered if I should have just spent it on a true GT-R and left it all stock. The thought had already crossed my mind, and seeing your car drives it home even more. I am very sure you will find attention everywhere you take it. I will be interested to see if the historic clubs there in the U.K. will be receptive and appreciative of just how unique it is. Again, well done.

Brian

Once again, many thanks to everybody for their kind words. My apologies for being absent over the last couple of days - but I have been busy getting this car back home and trying to juggle work commitments at the same time.

Yesterday ( Thursday ) my friend Kevin and I went down to the port to actually collect the car. I paid the final bills at the shipping company and settled up with the agents who cleared the car for Tax and Customs duties ( taxes on top of taxes......... :( ). We loaded the car on the trailer and arrived home late afternoon. All went without a hitch.

I'll get back here later today - after I have caught up with my work - to try and answer some of the questions that have been asked while I have been away. Sorry to be slow to respond.

Just a couple of pics from yesterday:

post-2116-14150798055842_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150798056341_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150798056702_thumb.jpg

You loaded the car on the trailer and everything went without a hitch? magic then?

hahaha just kidding...

I love the pics on the motorway... imagine an enthusiast just merging on as this drives past... would have had a conniption... keep those pics coming and let us continue basking in its glow... Thank YOU Alan for sharing...

-e