IGNORED

My Skyline finally arrived......

HS30-H

OK, I know this the 240K sub-forum and I'm technically in the wrong series - but at least the Skyline link is there...........

My 'new' car came out of its container at Southampton docks today, after its journey of almost 5 weeks from Japan. The container was loaded on the ship in Yokohama, and it called at Tokyo, Yangtian, Singapore, Hong Kong, Karachi, Jebel Ali, Rotterdam and Hamburg before finally being offloaded at Southampton.

The vessel was called the 'MOL Paradise':

post-2116-1415079799988_thumb.jpg

The car was a little dirty after being on the dockside in Japan for a few days, but the container did its job and the car was undamaged. No way was I going to ship it Ro-Ro.

I tipped some Shell Optimax in the tank, connected up a remote battery pack ( letting the fuel pumps do their stuff for a little while ) and she fired up almost straight away. I drove her from the de-vanning platform round to the storage compound of the freight company, and will leave her there for another couple of days whilst the import procedures are completed. She comes back to her new 'home' on Thursday.

First KPGC10 in Europe, I'm told. Somehow it seems very weird to see it in the UK rather than in its country of origin. I still haven't got used to the idea yet.......

post-2116-14150798000417_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150798000911_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150798001448_thumb.jpg

Alan - absolutely bloody fantastic!! I bet you can't wipe that grin off your face. I'm glad it arrived safe and sound, that would have been a major worry. Wow... You have to take a picture of this majestic beast in some typical London scenery!! That's got to be the weirdest thing...

Just sensational!! :D

edit: I just realised... my avatar is probably more suited to you than me now!!

Does it really matter about C10 vs C110?? The spirit and interest is there and they really are both Skylines regardless of local badging.

So what is the plan, keep it as-is or add all those heavy bits like trim and bumper bars etc?

Quite a few will be interested to hear / see the adventures of this little beastie.

Absolutely amazing. I am very curious to hear the history of this vehicle.

I just had to make the treck over from hybridz to see your new arrival.

"...It is not a priority at the moment as my 'new' car has just arrived from Japan."

I pay too much attention to the details.

Keep the pictures comming!

This is great news Alan!:bunny: Congratulations!

Did I miss previous posts relating to this:( ? If not, you'll have to fill us in on the background to that bad boy!!..and how you came to buy it.:)

how's the other S20 beastie coming along?

Cheers,

Jim.

Congrats Alan, the car looks amazing! I take it it isn't road legal, so will you be taking it to any events? can't wait to see it. will you be doing some track days, or even timeattack uk? would be incredible to see it flying around silverstone.