IGNORED

#682 on e-bay

DavD3

I too would like to see if go for well into the $20k range.

LOL I have a Yugo that I'd like to see go for $20K too..................but it ain't gonna happen. LOL

it certainly is a nice looking car, but has many incorrect parts for it's vintage. I seriosly doubt it will sell for anything approaching $20K, but we'll all see soon enough.

Rubber floor matting was standard on the economy Japanese version S30 model. The luxury S30-S / Fairlady ZL model came with carpeting.

You've got the codes mixed up.

'S30-S' = Fairlady Z ( 'Z STD' or 'S' model to the factory ). This was the super-basic 'no frills' model. Rubber mats, no hubcaps and plain bumpers etc.......

'S30' = Fairlady Z-L ( 'Z Deluxe' or 'D' model to the factory ). This was the 'Luxury' version with carpet, hubcaps, rubber bumper trim and a free copy of the theme to 'Man In a Suitcase' on 12-inch vinyl.

LOL I have a Yugo that I'd like to see go for $20K too..................but it ain't gonna happen. LOL

LOL You've got a Yugo? Does it run or do you & your mom use it as a tomato planter in the front yard?

Joking aside, I think there's a chance of $20k. 682's a low number & the guy claims the car "does not and never has had rust." If true, then those who are serious & are willing to put 35-40k in a restoration may want this car because of its low VIN & lack of rust. I'm not saying that it will go for 20k, but if it does, I wouldn't be completely floored.

I noticed that the original bidder removed their bid. I started looking at the VIN plates, and is it just me, but do two of them look suspicous? I'm taking back when I said I wouldn't be surprised if this car went for $20k. At this point, I'd be surprised if it received a bid at all.

Well, it went for $12,500.... surprise, surprise. The first bidder withdrew his bid. Took him four days to figure out he entered the wrong number. Right.

But the serial numbers certainly look suspicious.....They do not appear to be even, lots of little extra marks on them.... I wonder....

You've got the codes mixed up.

'S30-S' = Fairlady Z ( 'Z STD' or 'S' model to the factory ). This was the super-basic 'no frills' model. Rubber mats, no hubcaps and plain bumpers etc.......

'S30' = Fairlady Z-L ( 'Z Deluxe' or 'D' model to the factory ). This was the 'Luxury' version with carpet, hubcaps, rubber bumper trim and a free copy of the theme to 'Man In a Suitcase' on 12-inch vinyl.

Whoops! Thanks

There has been a lot of discussion off-line regarding that car. Lots of questions about the serial numbers on the firewall and the door jamb plate. The engine compartment tag and dash tags appear legit.

Comparing the firewall VIN numbering orientation with a Series 1 1970 and 1971 shows alignment issue and the overstamps on the jamb tag concerned a few potential bidders. Personally, I don't know enough about the very early cars to say if these are really problems or if Nissan did a sloppy job on production startup.