IGNORED

#682 on e-bay

DavD3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Datsun-Z-Series-240z_W0QQitemZ4613610880QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I wish i have money to buy it.Starting bit i think is fair.Even though it need little bit work.And what about that door handel on driver side, why? I wonder how much it will sell for.You don't get these often, so if someone have money buy for investment or just for a joy.

I think DavD3 is talking about the "handle" on the driver's door (interior), rather than the actual 'door handle'.

Looks like a lovely car, but not too fond of the seat upholstery.. Are the D hubcaps meant to be such a light grey?

The grab handle is on the driver's door because the only new door interior panels remaining are for right-hand drive cars and they are cut for the passenger grab handle. There are a lot of other "contemporary" parts on the car. The wheel covers are not the correct color. Nice looking car. I'll be watching the auction with interest.

The radio is from a later car as well, but now's the time to wager the results , no ? I say $21,000 . By the way , WHY do cars listed that are so close to being complete always have a few things that don't work ? Come on , get the think completely functional , right ? Gimme a break the radio dosen't work , the antenna won't go up..... fix it already ! :tapemouth

Interesting that it has no rear hatch window defroster/associated blanking plate in centre console insert and also rubber matting behind the seats on the floor in front of the tool boxes.

I wonder is it was supplied from the factory with the rubber mat in the rear hatch area rather than the carpet.

Interesting...

Joseph

So hey. It's not 100% original. It is still a beautiful example of an early Z, and the 682 seems to be correct. I hope that someone with deeper pockets than me walks away with this beauty for $20,000 or more. That just makes it easier for me to justify the money I sink into my one and only Z.

Interesting that it has no rear hatch window defroster/associated blanking plate in centre console insert and also rubber matting behind the seats on the floor in front of the tool boxes.

I wonder is it was supplied from the factory with the rubber mat in the rear hatch area rather than the carpet.

Interesting...

Joseph

Sharp eye, Joseph. Yes, it would probably have clear hatch glass. I would have to look up the service bulletin for the vertical line demister, but a blanking plate would be on the console for the switch location. Early cars came with rubber floor matting as shown around the tool box area. Rubber floor matting was standard on the economy Japanese version S30 model. The luxury S30-S / Fairlady ZL model came with carpeting. The papers for 26th say she came with carpeting, but she also has the rubber mats on the floors, front and rear, and the rear deck.