IGNORED

240K Coupe Spare Parts

240K&Beyond

Apparently they are Sigma Wheels. I'm told there are spacers behind them. Pitty there are only 3 !

Hi ya Bruce,

They may fit a Sigma, but I think they are a Nissan/Datsun Australia option wheel. My '75 240K has them, including the spare, all with spacers. i did have a brochure from ~ 1979 showing optional bits available from your friendly Australian Datsun dealer, these wheels being amongst them...even had a bit of a speil about them being made in South Aust. It came, and went with a 200B SX we sold years ago.

I wondered when I saw your pics if the centre caps were still around? I only have one, and have never seen another. I have seen centre caps on these wheels since, but none the same as mine:disappoin ....anyway here's some pics of the missing items. Keep up the good work in gathering & saving the old bits, GoodOnYa!! :classic:

post-6441-14150796750793_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150796751182_thumb.jpg

I started sorting out the mountain of crome today which I think is going to be the worst part of the job. But the important part of the exercise was to get the side window cromes for my blue car. Everthing else is a bonus.

I scored two fuel tanks out of the other two parts cars, but when I was cleaning them - I found one full of rusty petrol which isnt a good sign. The outer shells/skins look great. It would be a same to bin the rusty one. By the looks of things it has got a bit of rain water in the tank because they had removed the filler cap.

Has anyone had any experience refurbishing/flushing the inside of a tank? I was thinking of flushing it with Mineral Turps ???

Not sure if you wanted to go this full-on, but there is what I think looks like the right thing to do when restoring the inside of a gas tank here: http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19514 There is another approach here: http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963 Make sure to read the replies too, good info there :)

Hey Rich! Not a dumb question at all. The short version is ...A Datsun 240K is a Nissan Skyline for a different market/region. Some compliance and cosmetic differences for sure, but still really a Skyline. Best bet for "what" they are, do a search of the 240K Forum and have a dig through the pics and posts. If you're still not satisfied, give me, or just about any of the regular posters here a yell.....we'd be glad to help you out! :classic:

Cheers,

Jim.

Ah, yes, I meant "officially". I know Motorex was doing it for some time and that there are some others floating around.

Interesting story, I believe it was something due to Bill Gates -- you are allowed to import certain classic cars that would otherwise have not been allowed previously. The Skyline may fall under that, I know some of the others on this board have them.