IGNORED

Garage floor paint Question

beandip

I just popped in on this thread, but what would be wrong with using some of the Pick Up Bed Liner products?

E

That is a thought but all I have seen have a ground rubber mixed in which could make things tough for moving around. I have friends (I know, who would have thought) that complain about trying to slide things across the bed of the truck to get them out. Maybe a case of too good of a thing?

I was at a local Fred Meyer (local dept. store) and they had a "do-it-yourself" type of bed liner that according to the sample was hard. It reminded me more of something that might be brittle, but you couldn't bend the sample. That's why I mention it.

E

Gary,

This is a snap together product made for garages. Made in SLC. Not sure how it will handle implements but I'm sure they can answer that. You can put down a yellow stripe to go with the car!. Thay can even put a Z logo into a square or the entire floor. Very Cool! Probably expensive though. And this product can be moved to your next house and added to, for your 4 car garage (I know, I'm a dreamer)

Any idea of the cost. Sears has one that is a snap together as well but I like the idea of getting the Z logo applied to the one you are talking about.

I work as an estimator at a commercial construction company. Some Specifications for concrete, as you would expect, are very stringent. There is a product called "Liqui-Hard" that is supposed to be like a diamond coat for concrete. You can broom it, spray it or scrub it onto the existing concrete. It comes in 5 gal buckets or 55 gal drums.It's not very pretty, it reminds me of a marine varnish color, but you won't scratch or hurt it. The manufacturer is WR Meadows SealTight. I think you have to go through an approved distributor.

Check out: www.wrmeadows.com

{edit} This product, according to Spec West Distributors in Sacramento, costs $94.75/5 gal and I just found out they sell one gal buckets for $22.95. They will work with you for buying bulk. Coverage for old concrete is 150-250 sq ft/gal.

That stuff is OK if you do not have a problem with high vaper pressure eminating from your slab. as with most paint or glue-on concrete coverings, they work excellent untill the ground gets wet, moisture seeps under the pad either by wicking through the crushed rock or sand base, following ground squirrel or mole holes, etc...and comes up through your slab. :mad:

It all depends if you have a vapor retarding layer of visquene (at least 10 mil) which will reduce the VP of the slab.