IGNORED

4.0 Liter inline 6.

blackjack

Import a 265 hemi (Chrysler) from Australia. 4.3l, 6cyl 300hp from the factory with tripple webbers. Heaps cheaper than a hi-tech Jap six, and too much torque for a light car in the wet. :)

I didnt even knew of this one.

How about the real classic inline six, the Jag XK? I can't imagine anything cooler looking than an earlier, polished aluminum dual cam covered, triple SU carbed XK sitting in a Z engine bay.

Anyone know if this has ever been done?

Way cooler than a boring OHC cast iron V8...

What about using the straight 6 from a late olds Bravada-variable valve timing plenty of hp, torque to spare, and the right size.

Will

I thought GM dropped the straight 6 after using it in the mid 60's Pontiac Tempest and Chevy Malibu (although I new a guy who had a '67 Firebird that had an overhead cam turbo charged straight 6) when they developed the 3.8 V6.

GM uses the L6 in the Trailblazer/Envoy. It's a nice engine with the VVT and all, but still too big to fit in a Z car. Would make a cool engine in a muscle car though. It's only a matter of time before the aftermarket makes a custom wire harness for it.

Thanks Beandip.. I will check out the web site. I really don't know much about the Chrysler 4.0 I was just curious.

Victor explain to me how a 240z is not geared for it, I am not understanding what you mean by this. People but Chevy 350 in 240Z's, a Ford Bronco 302 or 351 where in Mustangs. A motor is a motor, you either build it for low RPM's or for Higher RPM's right?

Thanks guys

Blackjack

To respond to the question posed to Victor . You really cant compair Ford Mustang or a Bronco to a Z in any way shape or form , other than they all have 4 wheels and seats. For one thing yes a high HP engine will fit in a Z . I hav see a small block Chevy in a two wheel motorcycle. On Pacific Coast Hi-way. Just because it fits isn't the whole picture . These Zs have no frame ! Nada , none . So if you install a High torque big HP engine , you had better have done something to the body of the Z to go along with it. Some have built a tubular frame and set the Z body on it . Look at the funny cars on the drag strip. So yes any thing is possable , but for street ?? another matter entirely . This is what dreams are made of . Dream on . Gary

BMW M series in-line six. 3.2L 320HP... taken out of the Z3 series BMW... and dropped right into your 240-Z.. transmission and all... All it takes is MONEY! If you love in--line six's you have to love this engine!

BTW the GM 4.2L In-line six... 270HP stock... in racing form at Baja..650HP+. Tons of design and development went into this engine.. designed for low end torque, heavy pulling duty.. ran without water through Death Valley in the summer months.. cooled by its oil capacity only..

Almost bought a new XJ-R in 96... Impressive, wonderful driving car...$65K ... by 1999 with 20K miles there was one For Sale on another Dealers Lot... $29K asking price... depreciating $36,000.00 in three years.. Sure made my Z hobby look inexpensive!.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

• 2 weeks later...
GM uses the L6 in the Trailblazer/Envoy. It's a nice engine with the VVT and all, but still too big to fit in a Z car. Would make a cool engine in a muscle car though. It's only a matter of time before the aftermarket makes a custom wire harness for it.

That engine is HUGE! long and its taller than the firewall ;)