IGNORED

4.0 Liter inline 6.

blackjack

Wondering if anyone has looked into what it would take to possible get a Jeep 4.0Liter straight six in their 240z? I Don't know what the tranny bolt patern is but it would be a nice swap. The exhuast manifold is on the passenger side I believe and you would need to make an intake to fit, say an SU carb on it. I don't think you would want to stick with the fuel injection. I suppose you could but there is a lot of extra's on their computer system open doors and other crap you would have to eliminate some how.

If we could just get some one to figure out the engine mounts, transmission to put in and or adapter and a modified intake to fit the SU carbs it would be a killer swap.

Just a thougth.

Blackjack

Wondering if anyone has looked into what it would take to possible get a Jeep 4.0Liter straight six in their 240z? I Don't know what the tranny bolt patern is but it would be a nice swap. The exhuast manifold is on the passenger side I believe and you would need to make an intake to fit, say an SU carb on it. I don't think you would want to stick with the fuel injection. I suppose you could but there is a lot of extra's on their computer system open doors and other crap you would have to eliminate some how.

If we could just get some one to figure out the engine mounts, transmission to put in and or adapter and a modified intake to fit the SU carbs it would be a killer swap.

Just a thougth.

Blackjack

with all the engine swap options, why would you want a jeep motor???

My main thinking here is just keeping a inline six that has more power to it and that would be easy to obtain. I have always liked inline six's and would like to gain more horses to the 240Z. It's just an idea. I don't favor one particular car manufacturer they all have aspect of good and bad engineering. Like the 350 Chevy engine, it's a bitch to deal with the distributer so close to the fire wall. The Ford Distributer are up front and easy to deal with. Ford EFI is easy to work on from 1988 to 1994. It's an easy swap into a non Ford EFI system.

I just think if you wanted a base engine to start with that you could modify to gain more horses it would be the Chrysler 4.0 Liter engine. Unless there is something else that I don't know of. Jeep has had them in their Wranglers for what 15 plust years or more.

My 2 cents.

Blackjack ,You might check out hybredz.org there is alot going on there . It is not just a v-8 web site. If you think about it if you deveate from stock you have a hy-bred Z really . They seem like a bunch of good guys interested in the z car , and not disrespecting others . I not long ago was at a dyno shop on a local Z clubs outing. One of the employes put his Supera on the dyno , running twin turbos. Tunrned excess of 425 HP to the tires ! that would put a smile on your face. LOL On there web site they have rules about posting and flameing others . Unlike this one seems to be getting to . Gary

Thanks Beandip.. I will check out the web site. I really don't know much about the Chrysler 4.0 I was just curious.

Victor explain to me how a 240z is not geared for it, I am not understanding what you mean by this. People but Chevy 350 in 240Z's, a Ford Bronco 302 or 351 where in Mustangs. A motor is a motor, you either build it for low RPM's or for Higher RPM's right?

Thanks guys

Blackjack

I myself have considered going with an RB motor swap for the next engine. More than likely the RB25T. There are a few shops close by that are very familiar with this engine, and swap. HAHA, they even fit one in a 240SX (RB26TT)

interesting proposition. but i do kinda have to agree with the truck engine sentiment. they tried that with the 250SX (KA24DE) and that failed horribly. however, the viper is a better example, even though i don't really care for it that much

The jeep motor may be too tall to fit. Since it's longer stroke, the block, sump, and head are all pretty tall. Could be tought to fit in there. I would definately stick with the EFI though. There is a stand alone wire harness for the 4.0 Jeep engine. That would make install easier. Just not going to fit in the 240 though...

I have a dream... a dream where some idiot will no driving skills trashes a Jaguar XJR then gives me the supercharged 4.0 inline six!

Now there's a nice 240kw (in standard form), with a nice J-gate automatic transmission - or else I'd find a meaty manual transmission to get more horsies to the rear wheels.

Gee, I'd probably even take the nice Jaguar alloy wheels and low profile Z-rated Pirelli tyres!!