IGNORED

What does the original battery look like?

Alfadog

Ahh! Thankyou Alan. Do you happen to have a picture of the real one handy anyway? Does it operate like I guessed?

I noticed there are also "DATSUN" mudflaps on another sprue, I think I'll discard those too ROFL

Thanks again-

They were originally light truck jacks, I believe. You assembled the jack by sticking the body into the base plate, and hooking the hook onto either the side jacking hoops, or under the bumper ( or under the window ledge if the car is upside down LOL ) and then pumping like hell.

Some modern rally cars use a very similar jack system that is made in Japan. Apparently they are very good.

Here's some pics of the jack in a Safari car:

post-2116-14150794775185_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150794775299_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150794775403_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150794775515_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Thanks Alan. I wonder why the instructions said to paint it yellow :ermm:

It seems a waste to just not use though. I might put it together and place it behind the car as an "accessory" (along with the mud flaps LOL). Thanks again :classic:

Thankyou Chris! Would you happen to know what colours the battery is? I believe it was black, but what about the YUASA text etc.?

(here is a picture of the engine!)

That is amazing detail, ive done a few models but nothing with an engine really yet, that looks just like the engine came from the factory, even with the a/c belt attached :P

Hey thanks for the compliments guys. Alex, don't be daunted by it! Just set up a little area for it so whenever you get a spare 5 minutes you can work on part of it. Just make sure to get a plastic sheet to cover your WIP so it doesn't get all dusty!

I agree, Alfadog! I have one of my old drawing tables set up in the spare bedroom. So much of this is painting which takes a lot of time. You must be working on one of the large scale ZG models? Tamyia? I was bitten by the model bug several months ago and found some great kits in Japan. I like the 1/24 scale. Now I see some metal etched part kits to suppliment a couple of the race cars. The little metal etched bits really make a difference.

My model web site in Japan says your kit is discontinued. A good friend got one for Christmas. I just started a Nissan R89C and just ordered a mechanical parts kit for it and a detail parts kit. I'll take some photos. Studio 27 just came out with a Nissan 88G kit and I am drooling, but they want $155 for the kit and it is just a little out of reach at the moment.

post-4148-1415079481643_thumb.jpg

Hey Alfa i basically finished mine but wasn't happy with the way it looked. The paint job on the shell could have been better. However the thing that annoyed me most was the window frames should have been chrome they are not they are color coated for some reason.

I would also like to buy a mini set of Watanabe's for it I don't like the original hub caps and i need to paint the centre's red.

Hi Chris, yes I heard it was discontinued a while ago too. According to Z-point's website the one I have was actually a re-issue of an old kit...? I was lucky and picked mine up on Ebay a year or two ago. The R89C looks like a nice one - one of the best things about these models I think is how they are like restoring a real car, only on a smaller scale :classic: .....these ones don't rust though!

Hey Gav, want to post pics of your one?? Did you make it stock, or a bit custom? I wish the kit came with a few Sport Option bits... After seeing so many ZG's with the rear spoiler I think it looks odd without one. I'd love to see any pictures of your model. I agree that painting the shell is the hardest bit, it's always so daunting... I am up to the painting now! Wish me luck

The model store near me had a couple of ZG 1/12 kits left last time I was in there a month or so ago for 100 bucks aus I just couldnt resist, so now I have the rally one (that I bought first for a stupid price) and the ZG one, yet I dont have the courage to start building either.

Chris