IGNORED

What does the original battery look like?

Alfadog

Hello,

I am still making that 240ZG model but am having trouble finding a picture of an original battery. The closest I got was a thread by kats ( http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13095&page=1 ) but still no dice. Does anyone know what they looked like, or even better have a picture of one? I would much appreciate it :)

Oh that engine is an inspiration! I don't think these die-cast guys have any appreciation for real detail ;-)

The battery picture is a scan from the parts catalog. No idea on color, but if you painted the text white on a black battery, I wouldn't bitch. Are you doing one of those large scale Tamiya ZG kits? I have probably a dozen different kits in the 1:24 scale? - Saving them for my days in the retirement home!

The original battery was in my Z when I got it, needless to say it's not there anymore, but I seem to remember that the Yuasa and the caps were yellow or green, green seems to stand out to me, clashed with the orange engine bay.... but that was 20+ years ago...

Thank you Chris, Mike and Lance. I think I will paint the "Yuasa" text and the caps in yellow :)

Yes Chris, it is a 1:12 ZG model I am making (but not die-cast, Prox). Very high level of detail as you can see! I made a few mistakes with the engine though, I'm not very happy with some of it. Disappointingly, there are no stickers included in the kit - at all. That just means I have to paint on all the labels and decals (ugh) such as the oil filter and the battery. I haven't done the air filter yet. Very nice kit otherwise!

Thanks guys again for the great response :)

I have another question for you guys. Please have a look at the attached picture. Those are the parts that make up a jack. I'm sorta guessing it stands vertically and the hook hooks onto the bottom of the car? I don't know, but it doesn't look like a stock item that came with the 240ZG! Anyway, does anyone have the correct term for this thing, or even better a picture of a real one?

Hoping for a response, :ermm:

Lachlan

post-1243-14150794774927_thumb.jpg

Lachlan, you can discard that piece.

Its the jack for the Works rally cars, and its on the sprue because Tamiya shared some moulds between the 1/12 scale ZG and Rally car versions.

One less thing for you to assemble, paint and detail - you'll probably be relieved to know! :classic: