IGNORED

Damn shame....

2ManyZs

Unfortunetly I no longer have any pictures. I made the mistake of letting some one drive it back in 1992. They hit a center divider and bounced over into the opposite lane. A very big truck clipped the front end and tweaked it pretty bad. No one got hurt though.

I started making space for it yesterday, but Looks like I lost out by a couple of bucks.....I did get some more Pics of underbody this morning from the seller, and it wasn't pretty sight. I didn't have a doner tunnel, and both floors/ rails...so maybe for the best!!

I wish best of wishes to the winner of fairlady project!

It'll be a special car!

david

Hi,

I would like to join and add little more.

This fairlady-ZL was made in 1970.Please refer this,

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/club/s30/nl11/NL11-P20.jpg

And I posted once in this thread,

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7801&perpage=15&highlight=kats&pagenumber=4

For 1969,the factory data from NISSAN SHATAI indicates 969 japanese S30s(includes all japanese model) were made.

It is interesting,Dec 1969,export model(HLS30 and HS30)was not

big number.You probably know there are so few Dec 1969 made 240Z to compare Nov 1969 made 240Z.

For domestic,Dec 1969,nearly 900 S30s were made.It is interesting.

Nissan had to slow down producing 240Z late 1969 because they got problem reports from the test crew in the U.S. about huge road noise and too much steering kick back and vibration from the rear axle.Tokyo head office did not think about seriousely first,but U.S. nissan did not accept those problems.

(I think these problems are not serious problem.I think these are

lovely early 240Z's featuring)

Because of that,many 1969 240Zs were held at nissan factory until problems were cured.

Late Dec 1969,the refined 240Z(I do not know only one Z or more)arrived at nissan gardena carifornia by air.

U.S. nissan accept refined 240Z,then 1969 240Zs were exported.

I guess 1969 240Zs were not "refined" version.Because they were already made,they did not have time to replace so many parts for refinement.

Always I think my mar/1970 240Z got insurator on the rear deck compertment.But 1969 240Zs do not have it,we can see the 12 holes on the rear deck.The insurator was the featuring for "sound deadning" according to U.S. nissan's claim of the road test in the late 1969.

Sorry for this "off-route".

kats

• 1 month later...

Awe, this poor car. I hope this one finds a nice home and does not end up as just a parts car. It does look rough, but to have a Fairlady Z would be awesome. Someday I am planning to save one of these cars. Please, don't let this one go to the crusher!!

What ever happened to the Fairlady Z 2 seater that was the first one on this thread?

-Ben

Sorry Ben have to disagree with you the 2+2 isn't worth the effort IMHO having owned a 2+2 I can tell you there is no comparison to the 2 seater.

The Australian market got pretty much the same deal as the Japanese cars and they are fun to drive but not the same magic.

Wonder if it has the mesh grille like the first car posted.:D