Sign in to follow this  
2ManyZs

Damn shame....

That truly is a heart-breaker. I wonder what the vin # is. I have to agree with you 2ManyZs. Probably not worth the money it would cost to restore it. We all know that to make a restoration job more pleasurable, you should really start out with a half way decent car. Looking at a Z that's just wasting away like that really hurts :cry:

Vicky

The Japanse inspection sticker is still in the middle of the windshield. Most likely it was not driven long on US roads.

Have to agree it is a shame to see it waste away.

I am sure this is not the end of the road for this car. It just needs extreme tlc. If I had the time, money, and know how I would snatch this car, but I don't. I would hate to see this car go to the junkyard :cry:. 2manyzs, you should take it. I know you are interested in the Fairlady Z's and you definately have the know how to give this car the glory it deserves. Your kyosho collection told me so. :stupid:

-Ben

Yeah, I'd like to have one, but this one might be a little more of a project than I need right now. No job=no money:disappoin

Plus I have 2 projects in the garage now....

2 things scare me about this one, no title(?), and, if the rust under the battery tray is any indication of the underside..:cross-eye

if i was a billionaire, i swear, i would by up every single z car heading for the junk yard and invest whatever it takes to restore those cars from ground zero. i can see my garage now..

I wonder what the reserve is?

Did everyone notice the rally clock?

A lot of work and money to get that car back on the road, which is a shame because there wouldn't be too many RHD Fairlady Z's in the US would there?

I noticed the clock, but I also notice it has the vented C-pillars and no hatch vents. I too would like to see the VIN number....:ermm:

There wouldn't be many in the US that's for sure.

I personally know of only 2 in my general area over the years, and one of them wasn't in much better shape than this one(it was also auctioned off on Ebay about 2 years ago).

It was a 2ltr straight 6, L-series. However, there was a L24 offered as well, the car was known as the Fairlady 240z. There was never a Z with a 4 cylinder, they were always straight 6's.

Are those vented pillar emblems or the solid ones I think have been discussed in past forums. I don't think the JDM Z got the "flying wing" 240Z emblem like the early cars sold in the U.S (like in my avatar). Of course I know very little about the Fairlady Z, other then what I've read here. Would be fun, if not expensive and time consuming, to restore. I didn't notice the rally clock, but my laptop monitor isn't very big, also can't tell much about the pillar emblems from the pictures on my computer. Gary D.

This is probably a stupid question, but being from Aus I don't understand what the Title is on a car over there in the US.

Why is it a problem if there is no title?

Al.

What has me dumbfounded is the rear red marker light. None of my photographs of Fairlady Zs show this marker light and I thought the red marker light was for export. The vented quarters would make sense - except for a '69 car. The steering wheel is not stock. I wonder what this model really is!

Japanese market Fairlady Zs came with a 2 litre, six cylinder engine until October 1971 when they were replaced with the 2.4 litre.

A title is a government registration of the ownership. It records the owner and the serial number of the car. Without one, the car can not be registered to drive. Of course there IS a title somewhere, but it may require a significant amount of research to find it.

That car is in seriously bad shape. Wayyyyy beyond "tender loving care", it would require a complete chassis up restoration and compared to my project, I would guess in the $30,000 range to make it pristine again. The engine is seized? Zowie! That poor thing is a parts car. And I see a few things I would like!

too bad she's in indiana. I'd pick this thing up in a hearbeat. I could certainly shift some things around in the garage and get this on a rotisserie until I had some other projects out of the way. certianly no harm in it sitting inside while it waits for the proper care it needs.

I knew you'd say that Kevin.....LOL

If I had room for it, I'd probably try bidding on it too, as long as it had a title.

glad to see you guys thinking of restoring her, it makes mine seem alot less monumentouse!(can't spell)

SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE HER!!!!!!!!

THEIR TOO GOOD TO WASTE!!!!!!

keith, re-reading that aspect of no title....man, thats a tough one. Theres nothing worse than restoring it, and then you can;t drive it because you can't title it ROFL

280Z,

The Pics you have linked to have any additional info other then what pops up?

I have interest, but like many, a car like this would wind up on the next back burner in line behind 2 other cars in need of "fixes".

Lots of little knobs, & switches of interest.

david

thats not my car, i emailed the seller on ebay for a little info and he sent me those pics. if your interested in parts, try emailing the seller ( his names chuck ) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6392&item=2465110065

this cars already up to 500 bucks though and i dont think he would sell parts for it.

I believe this is the pillar emblem that would be seen on an early home market car. I really do hope that this car gets a proper home and a proper resoration. It would be a shame if it became a parts car.

Take care,

Ben

post-3738-14150793646934_thumb.jpg

trying to arrange storage for it up north til I can get it to fla , I want that car , also trying to find out if I will have issues without a title with a friend of mine, gonna have to start looking for a garage with an attached house ROFL , if I can't make it work on my end someone please get it hate to see it go to the crusher:geek:

if its a complete car it would be worth restoring if you can do metal work everything else can be cleaned up and fixed right hand drives are very rare here. can most body panels from our cars fix on the one?

Serious encouragement, seerex. There is a haven of Z restoration in the Tampa area. This Fairlady is here and I would be willing to help with part sources and shops. RETIRE THAT CAR TO FLORIDA FOR SPA AND RESTORATION!!!!!

post-4148-14150793649172_thumb.jpg