IGNORED

Lost Hub Nut

mentalite

I don't know what to call it.  You know, the one that threads onto the spindle after the outer bearing and the washer, and before the retaining cap and cotter pin.

I'm mystified how I lost it and have never looked for a thing more thoroughly in my life.  I've now thrown in the towel and find that this happens to be an item that can't be found anywhere.  So I'm now to the point of asking the Z community if anyone has one or knows where to get one.  Please PM me if you have one available.  I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Thanks for the replies, men.  This one isn't a castle nut, but a standard nut which is thinner than usual.  Then a cap fits over the top of it and the cotter pin engages the cap.  Apparently this was only on the 280.  Although you do have me wondering why the 240 castle nut wouldn't work in it's place.

Here's what the 280 has:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/74-78-DATSUN-280Z-280ZX-FRONT-SPINDLE-CASTLE-NUTS-WITH-WASHERS-NICE-OEM-PARTS-/222423964707?hash=item33c9805c23:g:rscAAOSwxg5XybHE&vxp=mtr

Thanks for pointing me to the ebay source.  I'll have to get in the habit of checking there.  $25 for one nut is a tough pill to swallow.  Oh well, clumsy, stupid people that lose important parts deserve what they get I suppose.

I know the one you mean. It needs a castle-like cover that acts as the lock for the cauter/cotter/cotur pin.   I can always scrouge up stuff like this is you can't find one elsewhere. Let me know at z240@shaw.c

Edited by zKars

CASTLELATED I believe is the correct term. We used the quite often in aircraft manufacturing. There is a cap the goes on before the cotter pin. I believe it is to prevent chaffing of the pin itself if the nut unwinds a bit.