IGNORED

LED map light bulb

siteunseen

I've got LEDs in the Glove Box, Map Light and Dome on my 280.  Also just added under dash and behind the seats LEDs.  Big difference from stock bulbs especially from the dome but it does make difference witch LEDs you get.

What LED did you use for the dome?  Is it a festoon like your map light?  The 280 map light is different.

Edited by gwri8

9 hours ago, gwri8 said:

I've got LEDs in the Glove Box, Map Light and Dome on my 280.  Also just added under dash and behind the seats LEDs.  Big difference from stock bulbs especially from the dome but it does make difference witch LEDs you get.

What LED did you use for the dome?  Is it a festoon like your map light?  The 280 map light is different.

Pretty sure it was like this one from advanced auto.  It's nice and white but the dome lense is so thick and opaque it just isn't strong enough.  I could research a little more and get a brighter one for the dome and use that bulb in the map light?

Thanks Greg.

Image result for Sylvania 6411 LED Bulb, 1 Pack

• Like 1

I can't get to my car right now, but I think i used this one from Super Bright LEDs  https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/can-bus-578-led-bulb-8-led-festoon-44mm/3418/

or this one https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/de3175-led-bulb-4-smd-led-festoon-30mm-car/2107/.  I tried to install an extra one of these (the second link) in Jai's car but it smoked out.  Not sure if it was just a bad one or not but I wound up using a regular bulb for hers.

I can check later.  LEDs at the auto stores are pricey around here.

I tried a simple festoon LED bulb first but the light was weak and not dispersed enough. Got the LED panel from "Datsun 240 Z upgrades" and it was a simple install with lots of great white and properly dispersed light. I think it's meant for 260Z and 280Z maplights but you might be able to adapt it for the 240Z with some fiddling.

260Z / 280Z LED Map Light plates *NEW*

cache_2969394004.jpg?t=1322694467260Z/280Z LED Map Light $25

Introducing the new LED map Light for the S30 that replaces the standard bulb in the "Flip Down Style" Map Light housing on the 260Z and 280Z's. It has 9 High Flux Super Bright LED's on a flat plate that sits inside the Flip Down Map Light assembly.

This style Maximizes the amount of light you can get out of your map light, for easier viewing inside the S30's seating area.

The Kit comes with the 9 LED plate, correct blade style bulb adaptor with 2-pin connector. It also comes with the instructions for an easy step by step install. The pictures below show the Before and after the LED Plate.

These are WAY brighter and have more of a "Flood" pattern than any other LED bulbs sold by other websites. The LED bulb inserts from other sellers are simple but not nearly as bright and hardly worth the price they charge, versus my products.

Edited by dmorales-bello

I see now why mine isn't very bright.  The ones you guys are showing are the led plates without a cover.  The cover isn't allowing them to direct the light straight ahead, it seems to give off more of a 360 degree which is no good for my car.

Thanks for "showing me the light".  :D

That's what I'm looking for now, a gauge bulb like your glove box has.  My clock never has lit up and that's the closet illumination switched power for the OE radio I'm putting in now.  I'm going to splice into that and just hold off on the clocks bulb, nobody has them in stock around here.

Someday soon I'm going to get an LED list together and change them all out, BUT NOT TODAY! :beer: