IGNORED

panasport correct offset for my 240z

cataloney

i have 16x7's with 205/55/16's on my 260.

with an effective 0 offset they are pretty well centered between the fender and frame, and there isn't much clearance to spare on either side.

assuming the 240 is setup the same way i would say look for a zero or single digit positive offset and a thin spacer. unless you have the wheel at full lock this should keep you clear of the frame and inside of the fender (most of the time).

but if i had it do over again i would drop back to 6.5".

225 50 16 are going to be tough to keep from some rubbing. Front valences will need to be adjusted to prevent contact on sharp turns and in reverse. 205 55 16 will be easier, although the 225 50 16's will fill the well better.

Edited by Diseazd

Go with +6mm offset if you don't want major rubbing. I run 16x7 zero offset Panasports with 225/50R16 tires and I had major rubbing. Another option is to go with the 225/45R16 Dunlop Direzza ZII tires. They will be slightly shorter which will give you more clearance. Like Guy said above, you will still likely have to play with the front valence, but zero offset will be much worse.

There is a thread here that I think was started by Guy (Diseazed) where I posted pics of what I had to do to keep my rears from rubbing. My fronts still rub badly while turning in reverse.

with the 16x7 and the 205/55 i still made contact with the front valance on full turns. had to roll the valance lip just a hair. no other clearance issues... but i'm not sure there's an extra 10mm to spare on the inside... maybe the 0 for that reason, but plan to have some lip rolling to do with the 225s.

FYI, here are my 16x7 zero offset Panasports with 225/50R16 tires.

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

And here are my fenders AFTER almost 10mm of flange trimming. To check clearance, I removed the springs and went through full suspension travel. I trimmed until the tires just barely quit rubbing. If you look at the tire shoulder, you can see what happened before I trimmed the flanges. The rubbing peeled a strip of rubber right off the tires. :tapemouth

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

post-7975-14150827333563_thumb.jpg

post-14126-14150827335451_thumb.jpg

225 50 16"s with 0 offset Panasports...... This car would rub until I installed coilovers and tucked them under the fenders with camber adjustment. If I change tires, I'm going to install 205 55 16's........best tire IMHO....good wheel well fill with no rub issues. :classic:

Edited by Diseazd