IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

I made the 680 mile round trip to the Branson Z-Fest for the 5th time. A very unique 4 day event / car show in a fantastic location for spirited driving, let alone everything else going on in that town.

The car averaged 26.8 mpg, the engine has 11k miles since the rebuild, 5k since the new rebuilt carbs. The 4 speed made it sound so nice at 3k to 3.5k rpm. :)

Bonzi Lon

I took pictures of the inside of my gas tank as I am nearly done cleaning it prior to sealing it with the POR15 sealer. This picture was taken after running 2 gallons of hydrochloric acid through it (muriatic acid substitute according to the label) in four 1/2 gallon applications over two days and a quart of marine clean the third day. Thanks Jeff G 78 for your assistance with this. My tank wasn't bad to start with as no particles or chunks came out, just rusty water. Doesn't, er, everybody do this for entertainment?

post-18366-14150819098554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikes Z car

Cleaned 2 fuel lines - will clear coat them tomorrow if its sunny. Took apart the Assembly-switch Brake Indicator and cleaned all the pieces except main body - will do it tomorrow. Cleaned grease and built up crud from diff, drive shaft, and half-shafts. Will remove u-joints and replace the half-shaft boots tomorrow and then prep for priming, POR and final paint.

Productive evening. Since 8 PM:

- Got the diff cover back on and new gear oil in (Redline 75W-90)

- Diff bolted back in (thanks floor jack)

- Rear trans seal replaced

- Driveshaft back in

- New gear oil in trans (Redline MT-90)

- Both axle shafts on

If my brake bridge comes in tomorrow (it should), I'll bleed the brakes, set the timing and she'll be back on the road again (for a few months) after 8 years of sitting. So close.

Edited by BoldUlysses

This weekend I took my new to me Z to two car meets , one in Maple Lawn MD( high end imports) and the other in Burtonsville MD(mostly restored American muscle) both are within 10 miles from my home. The reaction from this two groups of guys to my Z has cured my buyers remorse syndrome and justified my emptying of my wallet :laugh:

This was a terrible day for me....got my brake booster and I completely f00ged it up, ruin one of the mounting thread bolts for the master cylinder on the unit,gone to hell,,:mad:,what a to do,,,,,more money what else... but to get an other :angry:

Edited by 72 OJ

On Saturday I put my vintage leather Recaro seat in my car. I had to relocate my Wesco seatbelt retractor in order to get the seat back as far as I like it. The seat looks awesome in the car, it feels even better to ride in. I only have one and I will be looking for another one.

FSM says clean the carb suction piston & chamber every six months. Had Z for 6 years and finally did it - way less work than I thought it would be. Lots of goop in there. Faster response now. Also adjusted the carbs. Wish I had a meter to put in the tailpipe like at the dyno. FSM says after initial setting, move the idle adjusting nuts 1/8 turn up or down til the idle is best - couldn't tell any difference. Runs OK though. That's the good. The bad: set the fasteners for the K&N's on the lip at the rear of the hood, forgot to get them when I went for a test drive - a chrome acorn rolled down to the end and disappeared forever into the body. Never do that.

Today on PAPI'S day went to the local car meet, lots of shinny iron , my silver Z got's lot of complements. The was a vendor doing touch up/scratch repair on site and I had mine done, so I give my Z a mini spa treatment, she shines like a silver newly minted coin ;)