ZSource's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

ZSource

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ZSource

  1. The half shafts should fit if the 280Z has an R180 differential. If it has an R200, I doubt that the swap will work.
  2. I've seen this car for sale on eBay on and off for quite a few months now, and I'd like to know if there is a particular reason why it doesn't sell. It looks like something I'd be quite happy with. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4540279315&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
  3. Hey Sharkman, Plese tell me that you are on the East Coast! I'm interested. I have cars 40 and 95 now, and there's always room for another 1969 manufacture date Z.
  4. My eBay name is mr_datsun, and I'm the one who is selling these quarters. I need the cash so if they don't sell on eBay, I'll be open to reasonable offers. You can contact me at zsource@hotmail.com
  5. I checked out my 10/69 240Z (HLS30-00040), and it has the same red dot mirror as in your picture. I'd say that the mirror was unique to the 1969 production cars.
  6. ZSource replied to Gotcha's topic in Body & Paint
    Gotcha, Where are you located? I need a 1969 parts car and I have an early 1970 parts car that you can have in trade. Everything is still there including the bumpers.
  7. This is one of the Cobra Daytona kit cars that Nalle Motors of Richmond, VA built on 240Z through 280Z chassis years ago. They also specialized in installing Ford small block V8s into the Z-cars. They went out of business about ten years ago.
  8. For those of you who might be interested in a rare Japan domestic market Fairlady Z that appears to have been built in December 1969 (s30-000669), follow this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420431650&category=6187 The car is in San Diego. I have no personal interest in this auction.
  9. The wheels for your car should be 4 1/2 X 14" and if you want to be 100% accurate, they should have a manufacture date the same as or about a month before your car's. That date is stamped on the wheel after the letters "TOPY". For the hub caps, if the set you bought aren't dented, you could clean them up real well, take one to your local auto paint store and have them match the color. Otherwise, be prepared to pay around $150 each for new or refurbished caps WHEN you can find them.
  10. Yes. Send me two cases of Orion beer. It's the best I've ever tasted since being over there in 1968-71.
  11. I used to have a body patch panel business named Z Source so I just kept the name.
  12. If you read carefully, you'll find that the car doesn't have the original numbers-matching engine but a much later L24 instead. That should affect the price somewhat. Also, it has dual Weber carburetors in place of the 1969 Hitachi/SUs.
  13. Thanks! That Sherwin Williams site will come in handy. I've already found that my car's current code (920) comes in a base coat/clear coat formula.
  14. I've bought a new carpet kit as well as new diamond vinyl panels for my 240Z. While I have the old ones stripped out, what would be the best material to use in place of the jute padding to create a moisture barrier as well as sound deadening?
  15. If your son removed the interior panel that mounts on the hatch, he should have been able to see (with a flashlight) a latch to pull that would have unlatched the hatch. Then by pushing the hatch (not the glass) from the inside near the bottom, he should have opened it.
  16. On October 12, 2002 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, the Z Car Association of Richmond (ZCAR) is holding a car show at Pence Nissan Auto Mall, 11841 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA (a Richmond suburb). This is a "People's Choice" show. The winner will be decided by popular vote of attendees. Call Bob Smith, Show Chairman, at (804) 674-0953 or John Csomay, ZCAR President, at (804) 739-5586 for more information.
  17. The problem may be that you have an early 1971 240Z (made before January 1971) with the f4w71A 4 speed transmission and you now put a newer B-series transmission into it. Nissan started using B-series transmissions in late 1971 and newer 240Zs and then replaced them with B-series 5 speeds in the 280Z. Try to find a 1972-73 240Z console (including the choke cable assembly) and swap it in place of the 1971's.
  18. Try Charlie Osborne at Zedd Findings in Kingston, Ontario. His e-mail address is zeddfind@kos.net. He has frame rail and floor pan replacement kits as well as a wide selection of new and used Datsun Z parts.
  19. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Well it's the same thing for car shows, which came first, the club members or the parts vendors? Without many (any?) vendors selling Datsun Z-car parts, it's a bit harder to attract the enthusiasts and without the enthusiasts there to buy stuff, it's much harder to keep the vendors coming back year after year. Work on both ends.
  20. I think that it looks so good that I might just try the bumper design on my next 240Z. I don't know about the grill emblem yet. It might grow on me. I even copied the photo for my Webshots screen saver program too (with proper credits to you).
  21. There was a kit car back in the 1980s known as the Phantom that had lines a lot like the coupe version of this Pontiac concept car. Just the same, I hope they build it. I'd have a hard time deciding between the convertible and the coupe.
  22. Bob, Where can I find Brian Little? There's a Z club in Richmond, VA that I'd like to invite him to join if he's still in the area. zsource@hotmail.com
  23. ZSource replied to MAX's topic in Body & Paint
    Motorsprt Auto ( 800 633-6331) offers a G-nose kit for $749.95 but each of the headlight covers costs $200. It definitely makes the car look different but is it worth $1,149.95? Also, you don't get the wheel well flares that came with the original Nissan kit.
  24. until

    The show will be held at Pence Nissan Auto Mall, 11841 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, Virginia from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Contact Bob Smith (BobsmithCPA@cs.com or 804-674-0953) or John Csomay (ZCAR@computer.org or 804-739-5586) for more info.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.