IGNORED

SNORT! "Lowest surviving production number?"

derk

I had a chuckle when I saw that as well. Looks like a survivor alright, been on life support for years the away it looks...:tapemouth

Good car if you want to spend a year or two just rounding up all the parts it is going to need, that is, if there is no other hidden surprises underneath...:cross-eye

Must not be a true enthusiast or he'd know how to look for the register on zhome........:stupid:

I counted 35 cars registered on zhome with lower vin numbers. Sadly this might be sold to someone who thinks they are buying something really special when in fact, it is merely a low vin number car in somewhat sad shape.

It is number 402 of the HLS cars, true, but then you have to consider all the RHD variants, so someone is going to think this truly is the 402nd of ALL the Z's. Being a 69 build date does make it interesting, but not to the extent he makes it out to be.

Hey guys I think you read it wrong I checked the add and he says one of lowest surviving if you could call it that Z's. He doesn't claim it's the lowest out there if you read the words properly.

I'm with St Stephen I'd love a buy like that. Stephen you'll cry but goto www.project240z.0catch.com have a guess who's car that was????

You got it my old project I never got around to doing it sold it to a mate real cheap now regret it :cry: I luv that car no fair.

On the brighter side I do luv my current 240z. Check it in the rides.

2many.....hold your tounge!!! sad shape! I would say needs some work

however sad shape?? Honestly that car is less rotted than many I have come across. you guys would gasp at the 280 i am saving. :classic:

Gav240, now you are starting to get near my league with what needs to be repaired. Aside from legit shops, I must be one of only ones investing the time putting the bad ones back together

I said it is in sad shape because it is in pieces scattered all over the driveway. If it were in one piece so someone could tell exactly what is there and what is needed to finish the car, then it would be a lot more interesting.

The terms "survivor" in the collector car hobby is usually used to describe a car that is all original, with fairly low mileage, original paint, and may have been stored in a barn under a cover for years. The proverbial "little old lady that drove it only on Sunday" kind of car. This car definately doesn't fit that bill....

I will agree with you on that note. As these cars are becoming more and more desirable, more ebay sales are trying to pass these off as one of a kind rare when that is far from the case.

My favorite is when they advertise an original 5 speed as "RARE" and desirable for a 240 :classic: