IGNORED

Now these parts are truly rare

2ManyZs

My husband owns 3 Z's. One is a national title holder. Z cars are unibody autos (right?). Wouldn't cutting out that entire section of the car and replacing it breach the structural integrity of the car? I know 80's Z cars have t-tops but something must be done to the body somehow to strenghten the car. P.S. He would kill me if he knew I was takin' Z's 'cause I'm female...........but I love Z cars way to much to stay in the kitchen and cook or just hand him a ratchet.

Wife of ZRush

Cutting out the whole rear quarter would breach the uni-body structurally, but, if it is re-installed correctly it will be as good as new. In some cases, if it were seam welded in places that the factory used the small spot welds, it would probably end up strenghtening the chassis somewhat. The main thing is, having someone install it correctly.

Finding NOS complete factory rear quarters is difficult enough, and finding a pair for an early car is nearly impossible, so these are well worth the money. I know I'd be bidding on them if I had the extra cash.:devious: The supplies are getting to the point that the only rear quarters to be found are the 1/2 quarter repair panels, and they don't replace the hardest part to repair in an accident, which would be the hatch/taillight area.

Those are really nice parts, Ben. I wanted to add that the quarter panels are not easy to install especially where the seam meets the roof. That connection which I believe is a three layer overlap seam is structurally important.

It's a brand new part that has sat unsold on a shelf either at a dealer, or in warehouse for a car that is usually no longer produced, hence the "old stock. Could also be for a car that is over a certain age as well, since some model lines are on their 3rd or 4th "generation". Or a part that has been superceded by another part, and the original part was never sold out completely.

Nearly the same as the term "OEM" (original equipment manufacturer) but not always......:ermm: