zed2's Content - Page 4 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

zed2

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by zed2

  1. As far as I know Distinctive Industries is the only one that has a mold for the foam. I will have to study your pictures to attempt to determine why you are getting a crease in the bottom outer bolsters. Keith
  2. Garrett, I used zip ties to pull the flap (which contained the metal rod) to the metal rod across the seat bottom (below the Pirelli straps). This will compress the foam and allow you to install the hog rings. Remove the zip ties after closing the hog rings. (Zip ties are not original!😆) I had Sherwin Williams produce a quart of oil based color match. They used my seat rails as the basis for the match. (As long as your seat rails are not rusty and have the original finish, they are a great starting point... since they do not get direct sunlight, they should not be faded.) Keith
  3. Perhaps photo at post 39 would help at Seat restoration Keith
  4. zed2 replied to zed2's topic in Body & Paint
    Anyone have a resource for this decal: (From Post 1 at OK decals) Keith
  5. zed2 replied to zed2's topic in Body & Paint
    Which "OK" decal is correct for a January 1970 production 240Z? A (Zeddsaver): B (ZZXDatsun): Thanks, Keith
  6. This alternator (and engine bay wiring harness) has bullet connectors not the plastic spade connector. (Jan 1970 240Z production.) Keith
  7. zed2 replied to Mike's topic in For Sale
    30 amp receptacle? (The seller is installing a roof mounted air conditioning unit on their Z.) Keith
  8. Since the pandemic the resource I used in the US no longer carries the material. I found this source on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/162029179414 There may be other retailers in the US who have the material in stock I recommend you search etsy and other upholstery supply houses for local availability. Keith
  9. When using a Pirelli strap material: Each of the 8 straps are 18-1/2” overall. Each end of the strap is folded over the clip with an overlap of 2” Results in a 14-1/2” finished length strap. Other strapping material may have a different elasticity, requiring a different overall length. Keith
  10. I recommend you use thick pieces of plastic rather than wood to increase the battery height. Plastic will not retain moisture the way wood would. Keith
  11. The Kia rear door w/s is a bit longer than the front, and can be seamed below the threshold plate. The rear doors generally have experienced much less use than the fronts, therefore are usually in better condition. Keith
  12. Great offer, I may take you up on it. Thanks, Keith
  13. Rich, Thank you so much! Keith
  14. Rich, Is there an item/part number you can identify? https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/DecalNumbers Keith
  15. Rich, Were you able to locate the stencil? Keith
  16. Once again...time to celebrate and recognize Father's Thanks Dad for your guidance! Keith
  17. Rich, do you recall the manufacturer of the transfer stencil you used? Thanks, Keith
  18. David at MSA would only say they are sourced from Japan. He did sent me a photo of the Aftermarket heater hose and an OEM reducer hose. Pretty close! Keith
  19. I contacted them…they do not have a close-up photo of their hose which they will share, so I cannot determine if their hoses “braid” matches OEM. Keith
  20. Is this the same set that is offered by the TheZStore (MSA)? https://www.thezstore.com/product/4904/oem-style-braided-heater-hose-set-70-72-240z Thanks, Keith
  21. Here is a pair of seat side brackets: Keith
  22. You do not need to replace the entire seat back and bottom, just obtain LH side brackets and sliders. (Note, the seat belt hook mounting screw hole would have to be drilled in the left (outer) side of the seat back.) Keith
  23. Looks good. Did you install the clear plastic protector between the seat side brackets and the upholstery? Keith

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.