IGNORED

Looking for rims?

deedee

2¢

Having bought from Zcar on e-Bay myself, I can vouch for the quality of what he sells. If he claims the items are first rate, then they are probably well worth the money.

A proffesionally polished set of rims at $500 a set may seem expensive until you think of $125 each. In my opinion that may end up being cheap, if it weren't for the fact that these aren't the most popular style of rims for the Z.

Enrique

Both the 'Iron Cross' and the six spoke ZX wheels are fairly plentiful in the junkyards here is SoCal. You might have to search a while to find good center caps, however. You can pick the rims up for $25 or less each. A metal polisher will charge $40 to $50 a wheel to polish them. I have the six spoke rims on my 810 and the 'Iron Cross' rims on my 78 280Z. I polished them myself. You have to be able to stand working with muriatic acid because thats what you do the initial cleaning with. Then there is lots of grinding, sanding, buffing, and polishing over and over and over, etc. It's a lot of work and very time consuming to get good results. Take a look at the pictures of my Z in my gallery. I haven't done the 810's rims yet, but soon.

there are panasport copies from Koing that look very nice they are the correct 4 on 114.4 and 14 dia, they have them on ebay comsisitantly here is one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43954&item=2446418874

its a cheaper alternative and they are new , its their old school style they call , they also have some that look like libras<sp> I have the name of a guy in the states that sell the old formula ssr wheels new , but they are quite expensive , but they sure look great on the 240zg from japan , gonna be my next purchase, hoe I helped a bit , Jeff:geek: