IGNORED

WTB '71 Radiator fan shroud

Kerrigan

Motorsport Auto sells a fiberglass shroud for 240Z. Factory fan shrouds began to appear on 73 240Z's as a cure for the overheating that began to appear with the flat-top SU's and other changes dictated by stricter smog laws in the US.

With alittle effort you can modify shrouds from 280Z's to be used on 240Z's. I just did this over the summer for my 72.

Originally posted by auxilary

[i've got a used shroud for sale. Worked well for me for 2 years. This was mounted to a 280z radiator, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 240z radiator. Email me at aux@highrpm.org with an offer.

It can be made to work on a 240Z radiator. He'll need to make brackets to bridge from the shroud to the mounting points on the radiator, and trim around the lower hose connection. Also will need to remove the "finger protecter" from the 240 Radiator top tank. Takes a bit of time, but is defintely worth the effort IMO. Just did it myself a few weeks ago.

Since Gary (beandip) is looking for one too:

280Z Fan Shroud on eBay

I am not the seller, and do not know anything about him/her, or the condition of the item being sold.

• 2 weeks later...