IGNORED

Don't read if you don't want to look at a 280ZX

mdbrandy

so you know there is no snobbery here. it would be good for the rear and for the engine conversion for your Z, but honestly with all that rust i would pass on it for anything else.

it isnt worth a whole lot considering all the rust repair that needs to be done which would seriously outweigh the low mileage.

if he wants more then 2-500 then pass.

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

Wonder if the conversation at Mark's dinner table tonight was about moving south, or southwest....:ermm:LOL

Already been south. Lived in Aiken, SC for 5 years. Too hot and humid down there. :sick: I also spent 7 years in Los Angeles, but I had a Z then! Sold it when I left. Family stuff. Had to keep the station wagon. :( :( :disappoin :disappoin . I don't want to live in LA again, but somewhere in CA looking good!

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

Wonder if the conversation at Mark's dinner table tonight was about moving south, or southwest....:ermm:LOL

The first time I experienced Upstate NY in winter, I was totally amazed and completely depressed at the condition of the cars I saw on the road.

All I can say is SALT SUCKS!

Only thing I ever saw in Aiken, SC was the W.R. Grace mine....:tapemouth

Picked up a lot of "dirt" and took it to the Manville plant in Laurinburg, NC so they could make railroad brake shoes with it... try going into that place when it's 99 degrees out and come out clean.....:cross-eye

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS©

the car isnt that bad actually...

doesnt look like it.. you can fix some things... shouldnt be too hard.

The interior and engine seem to be great, and the paint looks good...

what do you expect it's a 20 year old car

I would expect to have no holes in it. Especially no holes big enough to stick my head through.

It's a "pretty" Parts car at best.

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

...............is another man's parts inventory for eBay sales! ROFL

Exactly. Unless you haven't got the time (like me). Back in my teen years I would have given $35 for something that rusty (and I did). Left it on the side of the road when it died and never looked back.

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

The first time I experienced Upstate NY in winter, I was totally amazed and completely depressed at the condition of the cars I saw on the road.

All I can say is SALT SUCKS!

Yeah. I'm originally from upstate NY. I remember when I went to buy my first car - my dad went with me. It was an Austin Healey 3000 rust bucket for $200. Dad said no - too rusty. Of course today, who could have known, you couldn't touch it for for 100 times that and it was worth fixing. But that 82 ain't no Austin Healey 3000.

Originally posted by mperdue

Mike needs to modify the main page "Action in the Forums" to show the full thread title. By the time I figured out what you were talking about I was already sucked in! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL

(I guess I'm a "snob" now....)

:devious: :devious: ROFL ROFL HA HA HA HA HA (manical laughter!) LOL LOL LOL :devious: :devious: