IGNORED

S12W and Wheel Spacer?

texasz

I bought a set they look like there good the seals are in good condition etc...

But they are pretty heavy i wouldn't say too much more than original I'll compare better when i can get both in each hand.

I also got information on the Peugeot Discs I can run with them and apparently there pretty cheap so look forward to improved braking results.

They are the S12W aswell so I will post here when i get them working with the standard discs(rotors).

:classic:

The ealier S12 calipers are for the stock Z rotors, the S12w are a bit larger/wider to accomadate the thicker Z31 Vented rotors. With the Z31 upgrade you will not be able to use 14" rims. Depnding on the 14" rims you have you might be able to use after marcket 114's are a later style ZX 14" rim. Being that the later style ZX rims had I believe two different positve offsets, as the 240Z had zero offset. A 1" inch spacer seems like a lot to try to fit 14 over the S12, 3/8" 1/4" a little file here and ther might do the trick to keep 14's. :devious:

Gav I was in the shed last night and I noticed I have a set of earlt gtr rotors that you could borrow to see if they line up corrctly with the toyota calipers it you like. they are vented and fit straight onto the z hub.

Ash

I'm a little confused here. I have a '73 240 and I'm going to keep my stock solid discs. I've read 2 opinions about the S12W calipers. One seems to say that they are fine to use with the stock discs and 14" wheels. The other is that they are for the vented discs from an S31.

Since I might like to upgrade my discs to vented at some later time, can I go with the S12W calipers and use them now with my existing discs and 14" rims, and later upgrade to vented discs and 15" rims?

Originally posted by 240ZMan

.............Since I might like to upgrade my discs to vented at some later time, can I go with the S12W calipers and use them now with my existing discs and 14" rims, and later upgrade to vented discs and 15" rims?

I have not done this Mod, but my understanding is that you must use the S12W calioers with the (thicker) vented rotors. Otherwise the pistons would protrude out of the caliper in a dangerous condition.

Can anyone verify this? Will? Keiith? Panchovisa? Greyghost? mperdue? Anyone else?

You can't use the S12W's with the stock rotor. The pistons would probably come right out of the bores.

Use the S12-8's with the stock rotors.

S12W's with the vented rotors.

The vented rotors can't be used with the 14 inch wheels because the vented rotors are larger in diameter than the stock solid rotors.

What 2ManyZs said! I am going to turn down my vented rotors so that I can keep my 14" slot-mags.

I am still getting ready for the brake conversion using the S12W rotors with the 300ZX disks, and the 280Z Turbo front disk/caliper conversion.

When I jump into it, I will shoot video, and post it, as well as all of the particulars I can find. The only parts I have not accumulated yet are the ss hoses. I know that thread is around here somewhere!

Will