IGNORED

S12W and Wheel Spacer?

texasz

I just thought about something, everyone seems to agree that the S12W Toyota 4 piston calipers with vented discs will not fit behind a 14" wheel and that you must go to at least a 15" wheel.

Well what about putting a wheel spacer on? This would push the wheel out some. Would this allow for the S12W behind a 14" wheel?

How sturdy/stable are the wheel spacers? I will be autoxing my car so I will be hitting lots of turns very hard and would not want any problems.

As long as the spacers do not change the overall center line of the wheel with respect to the orignal car's stock wheel center line, then you will be fine running a wheel spacer. If the spacer pushes the wheel centerline out past the stock center line mark, then you start putting undue stress on the wheel bearings. The amount of stress is dependent on how far outwards the wheel's center line ends up.

So then if I'm understanding this right using the 'stock' slot mags that came on the car and a 1" wheel spacer would give you the room to install the S12W breaks and vented discs. HOWEVER, this would be a bad idea as this would push the wheel out past the stock centerline thus causing other problems.

*shrug* It was just a thought. Oh well, no big deal. I will just get the S12-8 and use my stock discs.

i drove my car when i first put it back together with 14" 260z mags and was running std discs with toyota 4 spot calipers no problem wasnt till i changed to ventilated and later toyota calipers that i needed 15" rims thats a tight fit though much better than the jag 4 spot calipers i tried know of someone who fitted them but i couldnt work it out the jag calipers are huge

But the later toyota calipers on ventilated discs work a treat

Mick

I have S12W with ventilated rotors and I am running 14 x 7" rims with no clearance problems and no spacers. The offset on the rims is 3mm positive. When I used the std alloy 260 rims I had to run a 5mm spacer to clear the caliper.

g260

• 8 months later...

I have a question i have been scouring the threads for. I'm about to get a set of Toyota S12W 4 Pot Calipers. I do not have vented rotors or discs, I do have 15" rims, my main query is getting the 4 pots to work with the standard disc anyone see any problems? I have been told it should work fine. I will probably still buy them anyway as I've driven a car with them fitted and liked the improvement.

PS: on the cosmetic side I want to paint them red :cheeky: any tips on the paint to use I was thinking engine enamel?

I have been told by the seller who owns a Z wrecker here that they should bolt right on.

He has the same 15" wheels as I the Superlites and he assures me they will work.

I will double check when i get there anyway..

Gav,

i have bought some of the vented calipers from a 4wd toyota wrecker in south australia $150 pair in really good nick freight was $30 to tas

I had my solid calipers painted in two pack paint to match my simmons wheels worked fine

Mick