IGNORED

Kyusha House Electronic Fuel Pump Bracket

Posted (edited)

https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/124530-nismo-fuel-pump-install-help/

Closest thing I could find to a picture of where it goes. There are a pair of M6 threaded holes on the back side of the "frame" member, right side, just outside of where the rear control arm suspension hanging brackets mount. 

For $165 I'll make these plates all day long! cut, bend, drill four holes, two insert nuts, powder coat. Done. 

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, zKars said:

For $165 I'll make these plates all day long! cut, bend, drill four holes, two insert nuts, powder coat. Done. 

I'll do it for $150, there's bargain for you. 😉 That's not $10 worth of materials, they have no shame.

• Haha 2

Can you tell that this group is a bunch of talented self taught fabricators with healthy dose of DIY and offer to help when needed?

Yeah, that’s us and damn proud of everyone here. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Measuring a legitimate, registered, presumably tax-paying business against your own garden shed-based activities is not necessarily a valid comparison.

Kyusha House is not a charity. If you don't like the price, don't buy. If you can make your own, do it (I did).

When you go into business making them, be sure to give us all a heads-up. 

20 hours ago, zKars said:

https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/124530-nismo-fuel-pump-install-help/

Closest thing I could find to a picture of where it goes. There are a pair of M6 threaded holes on the back side of the "frame" member, right side, just outside of where the rear control arm suspension hanging brackets mount. 

Thank you for being the only person to even attempt to answer the question, I really appreciate the link to the pictures!  🙂

Please do not devolve this request for help to a bashing of what this company produces and sells.  Like Alan said, if you can do it yourself then go for it...there's no need to hammer on the point that the part is over priced by most people's opinion (and I agree, it is pricey for what it is).  Though the ask was not one of value.

I have loved this site and those on it for decades, this is such an amazing group of people and always willing to help one another...unlike so many other sites where all the members do is fight and argue and treat each other with no respect.  ;( 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RIP260Z said:

Nissan already made a electronic fuel pump bracket for the S30;

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/engine-240z-260z/fuel-piping#2

Or am I missing something..... is the price of these OEM ones so much, or so rare, repro's need made?

They are NLA in the states.

image.png

Are they available on your side of the pond?

That bracket was never fitted to European S30's, as it was added to house an electric fuel pump to try and overcome heat percolation (fuel engine bay) on the North American cars. I have one on mine, but I brought it Stateside secondhand. Even on a mid 1978 built model, the bolt holes are there on the chassis.

None secondhand, considering all the volume of S30's that the US got? Or have they all gone to the rusty scrapyard...?

56 minutes ago, RIP260Z said:

That bracket was never fitted to European S30's, as it was added to house an electric fuel pump to try and overcome heat percolation (fuel engine bay) on the North American cars.

In fact the mount and the captive nuts in the crossmember to which it is affixed date back to the original design of the car, as they were used on the S20-powered Fairlady Z432 and Fairlady Z432-R models and on the factory aircon-equipped Fairlady Z-L model.

Pump mount layout-1.jpg