IGNORED

Happy New Year 2024!

Mike

Wondering now after my first post how much goes into play of the coating once the headers have been installed and running. Meaning how does it adhere to dirt and exhaust soot. Possibly more expense involved trying to bring them back.

They most likely sandblast or dip into a cleaner beforehand, like powder coating I'd think. Taking Mikes off and having them coated would be a job for a busy man, unlike myself. LOL 

I'd suggest double stacking the manifold gasket, 2 gaskets can't hurt. My 6 to 1 on my 280 has a leak with felpro gasket. The 240 has Nissan metal around the exhaust ports but I've noticed a small amount of soot around #2 runner but no noise. 280 sounds like a diesel to my ears and I hate it but I'm sorta lazy so let it ride until I get older and even more lazy. LOL 

The Nissan gasket is the ticket and I'm pretty sure they are still available from Nissan dealer parts department.

image.png

• Like 1