IGNORED

[2024] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

3 hours ago, SteveJ said:

The Georgia Z Club held a Gumball Rally in North Georgia today. There was a pretty good showing, too.

These are the basic rules:

1. There will be directions that will NOT be straight forward.
  2. Those directions may or may not be correct.
  3. There will be clues to things to identify during the drive.
  4. There will be a prize for whomever provides the most correct answers to said clues.
  5. The tiebreaker will be the total distance of the route. (Note: if you take a wrong turn, deduct the mileage from the total.)
  6. A navigator is not mandatory but is highly recommended.
  7. Just because you see someone else coming from the opposite direction, it doesn't mean you are going the wrong way. They could be going the wrong way.
  8. If you see a sign that says "Welcome to Tennessee", you are lost. If you see a sign that says "Welcome to Florida", you are REALLY lost.
  9. The club will not send out search parties for those of you who are lost or REALLY lost.
  10. Speed doesn't win. Accuracy does.

S30 entrants are at a distinct disadvantage.  The S30 drivers and navigators are woosy from the exhaust fumes!  😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

My 73 original paint Z had a stripe (body molding) on both sides. I just don’t like it ……breaks up the lines. Even though the car is all original paint, I said “What the heck…..lose it!” My painter is the best, so I gave it to Chuck to work his magic. Whatcha think? He buffed out the roof, tailgate and other original paint and the match was perfect. I love silver Z’s.

So, he was able to blend new silver paint onto the old and match it?  I didn't think that was possible.

Edited by inline6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, inline6 said:

So, he was able to blend new silver paint onto the old and match it?  I didn't think that was possible.

It’s perfect! I can’t tell where he blended it. He spent hours mixing paint to match. I’m blown away. Helps that he buffed original paint out.

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7061.jpeg

IMG_7067.jpeg

IMG_7065.jpeg

IMG_7069.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Chuck is amazing. This car now looks like new. Seeing Inline6’s silver Z pushed me over the top. Chuck has now done 3 of my Z’s and they are incredible! Add this to the Gold and Orange Z.

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1454.jpeg

IMG_0965.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_7069.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 3