IGNORED

Stroker or turbo?

Patcon

Cody is trying to talk me into building a motor for "Lily". I have an engine in another Z that might be good. We will pull that drive train and see if that motor will run. That might end up as plan B. I have two different 280zx turbo motors in my shop and I also have a V07 crank laying around. I had thought I would buy a stroker kit from Rebello minus the crank and build up a 3.0L motor with some Z therapy carbs for now, but I could go with one of the turbo motors. Please chime in with your thoughts. Pros & Cons

Thanks, C

• Like 1

Let see, an engine in another Z, a couple of 280ZX turbo motors and a V07 crank lying around. You know they have therapy for that kind of behavior🤣

No real experience with either option, but I'm leaning towards the turbo camp. Turbo with an aftermarket MS ecu or similar to aid in tuning. I'm also quite happy to sit on the fence and watch this develop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

Let see, an engine in another Z, a couple of 280ZX turbo motors and a V07 crank lying around. You know they have therapy for that kind of behavior🤣

No real experience with either option, but I'm leaning towards the turbo camp. Turbo with an aftermarket MS ecu or similar to aid in tuning. I'm also quite happy to sit on the fence and watch this develop.

I've heard they have therapy for this sort of thing, but so far I have resisted. 😉

I thought I would wait for some more replies before I started chiming in...

• Thanks 1

Wow...

And "turbo lag"? 🙄

sigh...

If you're not doing a turbo swap, at least go with ITB's and NOT SU's or Triples (I'd favor SU's over triples if you must). Jim's Swiss 240Z with just a mild cam and ITB's (and a good tune with a decent ECU) made 180 RWHP (prob a 110 HP engine before) - which is kinda stock turbo numbers but won't have the torque of the L28ET.

Lastly, if you're not going to turbo swap, get those L28ET's to someone who will use them!

Really lastly - why in heck would you ask about anything turbo in this forum???

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cgsheen1 said:

Wow...

And "turbo lag"? 🙄

sigh...

Really lastly - why in heck would you ask about anything turbo in this forum???

I used to have this little money pit and it had Turbo LAG! 1977 930 When I bought it the guy said "have it pointed in the direction you want to go before you put your foot in it, if you don't pay attention and skip this rule the back of the car will pass the front". It was a blast for a few years, but to rich for my blood.

P3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1