IGNORED

Center Console Install/Hardware

Kevin McSweeney

On 7/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, siteunseen said:

These might help.

It's a shame that so many ppl don't think to add pics that would clarify so much. I installed a leather boot in mine, getting ready to put the console back

PXL_20231007_001315050.jpg

PXL_20231007_001216780.jpg

had to cut a clip for the rear, the full width don't fit the aftermarket leather boot

PXL_20231007_005109045.jpg

PXL_20231007_005254913.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Like 1

So, I installed the console today - and I don't have anything for the forward upper portion to attach to.  I had a bracket that I thought was it - but it was just the tie plate that is secured with 2 M5 screws at the base of the center opening, that the HVAC control sits on.

I can't figure out from the part catalog what would even constitute the support, unless it's the 'Radio Bracket" 96915 - N4200, #6 in the diagram

Centyer Console.png

Not really happy with the shifter boot fit - the opening is way too large for the stock shaft. Too much work to cut & resew.

PXL_20231009_195811080.jpg

25 minutes ago, HusseinHolland said:

I can't figure out from the part catalog what would even constitute the support, unless it's the 'Radio Bracket" 96915 - N4200, #6 in the diagram

There are four screws at the upper front of the console. Those screws (two on each side) go into the radio bracket. That bracket does not attach to anything else, so it does not anchor the console to the car in any way, but it does provide support for the two front "wings" so they don't flop around.

The other two screws lower than that (one on each side) actually hold the console in place. Those two go through the console and screw into the #10 bracket, which is attached to the transmission tunnel.

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

There are four screws at the upper front of the console. Those screws (two on each side) go into the radio bracket. That bracket does not attach to anything else, so it does not anchor the console to the car in any way, but it does provide support for the two front "wings" so they don't flop around.

The other two screws lower than that (one on each side) actually hold the console in place. Those two go through the console and screw into the #10 bracket, which is attached to the transmission tunnel.

Thanks  CptO

I have the front lower two secured, along with the 3 countersunk head M5 screws inside the rear tray.

I guess I'll make a cross brace to unify the "wings" I  don't want them potentially flapping around.

Edited by HusseinHolland
typo

12 hours ago, HusseinHolland said:

Not really happy with the shifter boot fit - the opening is way too large for the stock shaft.

IIRC, some Z shift levers use a black rubber/plastic grommet at the top of the shaft.  That would serve to fill in the gap that you have with your boot.  Not sure where you'd be able to source the grommet.  It may take a little patience and/or ingenuity.

• Agree 1