IGNORED

Droopy sun visor

kenward1000

The driver side sun visor in my 5/71 240Z has the droops.  It just won't stay in the up position.  Is there a hack for restoring the friction necessary to keep a visor from drooping?  

Didn't find any fixes when I searched the archives first.

Thanks

Fuzzy visors mean only one thing; you're screwed if you can't find the screw.  And even if you can, you'll need a fuzzy screw driver or you'll screw the fuzz while you're screwing.  I would say screw U to the fuzzy visors.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Fuzzy visors mean only one thing; you're screwed if you can't find the screw.  And even if you can, you'll need a fuzzy screw driver or you'll screw the fuzz while you're screwing.  I would say screw U to the fuzzy visors.

What can I say?  I haven't replaced the sun visors.  Though my 5/71 240Z isn't a series 1 car (based on the chassis serial number), it has a number of series 1 parts, like the center console, hatch vents, vertical defroster wires, skinny fuel evap container, etc.  

Maybe just have to buy replacement visors.

I don't know anything about your car's history.  I'm just pretty pretty pretty sure that Nissan did not use fuzzy fabric on the visor.  I could be wrong.  You can probably feel the screw under the fabric if you squeeze in the right spot.  Cut a tiny hole and stick a screwdriver in.

Looks like somebody just sewed new fabric over the old vinyl.  Probably made it heavier, so more droop-prone.

• Like 1

So I felt around for the mystery screw and it's not present.  I've only got a week until the Snowball Rally (thesnowballrally.com) starts, so instead of trying to find a replacement on short notice, I'm going to look for some material that I can stuff in the hole, around the pivot arm.  Try to make the visor have more friction around the pivot arm.