Droopy sun visor - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Droopy sun visor

Featured Replies

Or, just clamp the fuzzy visors tighter to the support bars with heavy duty clips like these:

image.png 

 It would be like tightening the screw on original visors.  Quick, easy, and low cost temporary fix until you decide what you want to do abput replacing them.

Edited by psdenno

Sometimes you just have to be MacGyver on these cars. Especially if you’re working alone!! 
 

  • Author
On 4/21/2023 at 11:21 AM, SteveJ said:

This one

image.jpeg

Is this a self tapping screw or does it screw into a captured nut or what?

  • Author

I'm ready to believe that there used to be screws for increasing tension on the up/down pivot bar.  I'm not yet ready to believe that someone recovered these visors with the fuzzy fabric.  

IMG_0772.jpeg

IMG_0771.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

24 minutes ago, kenward1000 said:

Is this a self tapping screw or does it screw into a captured nut or what?

I couldn't tell you myself. I just happened to have an extra set of visors handy, so I took a photo to show what @zKars was talking about. It was the only screw, so it seemed obvious to me.

Look at this link and click on the photo: http://dimequarterly.blogspot.com/2012/10/recovering-sun-visors-by-derek-garnier.html

I think it tells you what you need to know. Yes, it's for a 510, but it looks the same as the 240Z visor.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.