IGNORED

P90 images.

siteunseen

30 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I have had a 280zx non turbo and it was originally coming from germany and had a P90 head in it.. don't tell me that in the usa there are only turbo p90 heads?

btw it was not a p90a as those have the hydrolic lifters.

Not all p90a are hydraulic. Mine is not.

2 hours ago, jonbill said:

Not all p90a are hydraulic. Mine is not.

Yes, that's possible but i think that's then a later remanufactured/ altered p90a head that was altered because the hydrolic lifters are long time NLA?  Or do you have orig.paperwork (seen) from p90a heads with non hydrolic lifters? 

siteunseen's head was rebuild by Dover Cylinder Head.  People often converted the hydraulic pivots to solid using Timesert parts.  From everything that I've learned, in the USA market, the P90(a) only came on the turbo engines.  The US market has many differences from the rest of the world market.

Here's an old thread about the Timesert conversion.

5 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Yes, that's possible but i think that's then a later remanufactured/ altered p90a head that was altered because the hydrolic lifters are long time NLA?  Or do you have orig.paperwork (seen) from p90a heads with non hydrolic lifters? 

No, I had Two unmolested 280zx engines, one has p90a and the other has p90 and the only difference I can see is the 'a'.  I don't think any UK cars had the hydraulic lifters, but plenty of p90a heads.

• Thanks 1