IGNORED

P90 images.

siteunseen

I'm going to try and take pictures of this paper weight as I make it lighter.

Bought it from a guy that works at a scrapyard. $20 dollar scrap price but an old friend that works there knew what a Datsun 280ZX was and gave him $25. Called me and now it's my toy for the next month or so. 

With you guys asking about it I'll get it done.

Pictures so far.

20230415_164448.jpg

Screenshot_20230416-171536_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

Skimming is to increase compression ratio?  Still not grasping the overall plan.

It's basically a square exhaust port P79 head.  Like building a flat-top piston 280ZX engine.

If you put a cam in it all of those nice perfectly centered wear patterns go away.  I guess I'm saying it has high value as-is.  You could probably sell it or trade it for three or four heads that could really use some reworking.

Edited by Zed Head

I bought a .460 Schneider cam kit in 2015 to put in my e31 that has the new bigger valves. I tried shrouding the valves and smoothing the intake runners. Am not happy with what I did so it got shelved. Now I found this p90 that is a better version of the e31. Peanut shaped combustion chambers are newer and supposedly better.

I'll post as many measurements that I can between the two asap and let you all help me decide what head to put $850 cam kit in.

Running a ben moore paint store by myself and it's feast or famine there for 10 hours a day. So this gives me something to do during slow times which seem less now that I'm the paint king #1. LOL

Anyhow I'm getting my fingernails greasy again which is nice and raises my Datsun blood pressure again after a 5 year hiatus.

More tomorrow...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Have you checked the cam that's in it?  Probably factory turbo cam but who knows.

I'll know tomorrow. 

I have the e31, how to modify book for measurements, my dial calipers for measurements and my Sony high res camera in my trunk to take to the paint store. Feed it all on here and see what responses/ideas I get.