IGNORED

Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years

jalexquijano

19 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

How come after 8 years im still pulling plugs after they get fouled from 30 mins at idle either on traffic or at the shop? Been struggling with this and nothing.

IMG-20221120-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20221120-WA0006.jpeg

Charles has a good memory. It was, as I recall, just #4 that was fouling. Are they all fouling now after idling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me explain this better: 

I adjusted the floats during the pandemic in 2020 when i had some spare time. I did this using a float sync device built and sold  by one of the members here. If i close the fuel adjustment to 2.5 turns clockwise car has no power when accelerating. it even pops at the exhaust when releasing the gas pedal. 

Is your clockwise adjustment your view from the top of the carb or is it looking at the adjustment screw from the bottom of the carb? This makes a huge difference. When we describe turning the mixture screw clockwise, we're imagining looking at it from the bottom of the carb and we're leaning the mixture out. If you're imagining looking at the screw from the top and turning it clockwise, you're richening it. You could pull a dome and watch the nozzle as you adjust the height and tell us if the nozzle rises or drops when you turn it clockwise. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Is your clockwise adjustment your view from the top of the carb or is it looking at the adjustment screw from the bottom of the carb? This makes a huge difference. When we describe turning the mixture screw clockwise, we're imagining looking at it from the bottom of the carb and we're leaning the mixture out. If you're imagining looking at the screw from the top and turning it clockwise, you're richening it. You could pull a dome and watch the nozzle as you adjust the height and tell us if the nozzle rises or drops when you turn it clockwise. 

I just remember it as:

Right = Rich Left = Lean

• Like 1