IGNORED

production number for 1969

kats

Hi Steve,

The pic. is from an official Nissan publication; its the model information booklet publication no.221 ( the 4th one for the S30-series Z range ) and it was published in October 1971. These booklets were internal publications at Nissan, and not for the general public.

This booklet introduced the new features and changes related with the release of the HS30 series in Japan ( Fairlady 240Z, Fairlady 240Z-L, Fairlady 240ZG etc ) as well as the changes that related to the S30 and PS30 models that were happening at the same time.

As for proving that items like the Japanese-market wing mirrors and the headlamp covers were original factory-approved fitments, don't forget that from October 1971 Japan got the HS30 models too and therefore proving fitment of parts on these cars would I should think be pretty easy. After all - there's plenty of proof in the original sales brochures and parts list books. If I can help anyone I would be happy to try and provide copies of this documentation to assist a claim or bid for legal use of certain parts.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Here's a scan of the front cover of the official Z-4 booklet:

post-2116-14150792842197_thumb.jpg

Thanks Alan,

for the clarification on the wing mirrors. This information should be very useful to the Australian members of the site, wanting to utilize these superbly fashioned items as part of their S30 package. I guess it is now up to the individuals to take up your offer of assistance.

Thanks again

Steve :classic:

apologies: back to the thread topic

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I am very exited right now.The reason is today I have got a very important data relating 1969 very very early cars.

But I am hesitating to show the actual photo of the data seat and I can't say where I have got this right now.This time it is a little bit delicate thing to show.

And I need to amend my post the very first one.Please review the first page, I said "Factory prototype-KOJYO SHISAKU" was not given the VIN number.But it was not true.These cars were given VIN number,so you can see 3 cars were built from May to Jun 1969,they are S30-00001 and HLS30-00001 and PS30-00001.

Here is some questions for you,

#1 which car was built early between them?What was a seaquence for them?

#2 Which car was built early between HS30-00001 and HLS30-00003?

Thank you,

kats

And I need to amend my post the very first one.Please review the first page, I said "Factory prototype-KOJYO SHISAKU" was not given the VIN number.But it was not true.These cars were given VIN number,so you can see 3 cars were built from May to Jun 1969,they are S30-00001 and HLS30-00001 and PS30-00001.

Hello Kats,

If the 'Kojyo Shisaku' cars were given full VIN and body serial numbers, then it will have a knock-on effect for the numbers that we discussed previously.

I'm immediately thinking about the cars sent over for the 'North American' testing. This new information will affect the 'HLS30' serial numbers that we guessed for them, won't it?

If your new information has the answers to these questions, then I for one am very interested to hear it.

It would be nice to hear of any possible reasons for the order sequence too..............

Alan T.

Hello Kats,

If the 'Kojyo Shisaku' cars were given full VIN and body serial numbers, then it will have a knock-on effect for the numbers that we discussed previously.

I'm immediately thinking about the cars sent over for the 'North American' testing. This new information will affect the 'HLS30' serial numbers that we guessed for them, won't it?

If your new information has the answers to these questions, then I for one am very interested to hear it.

It would be nice to hear of any possible reasons for the order sequence too..............

Alan T.

I wonder if we can interpolate why the sequence was produced in a certain way if possible. I recently had a discussion with a fellow Z owner and we discussed why Nissan would have not produced more 'mules' for longer periods of testing before releasing the car to the public in turn letting the owners become the test pilots? Both of us came to the conclusion that Toyota would probably not have done a similar thing nor Honda for that matter.

All of this opens up some room for the collectors of early S30 cars but again makes restoring one of these cars such a headache as it can be difficult to determine what would have been installed at the factory at any given time.

The date coding discussion we have going will at least help future generations in their efforts to preserve these cars?

Would these vehicles built before June 1968 be regarded as 68 models?

If so then this will have large implications in HRC categories (at least in Australia asthe 240 could then be recognised in HRC1!

Eyes are glued to the screen........

MOM

Kats,

thank's you, for sharing this information. I too hope you can find a way to show us a representation of the detail if at all possible. As to production, it is really does throw a spot light on what vins went to the test program.

thank's again

Steve:)

Hi everyone,

Alan,thank you for re-engaging!!That is right,the two test cars(round trip in the U.S.) should be re-check their vin number.Let's see how they will be later.

Now I feel most of people don't need these kind of information(about prototype cars) including me,because I do not have any prototype car nor 1969 car.This is not my business so I should be relax, just enjoy to see and imagine from the data how the cars were built in early days.I am curious how many people think this topic is attractive.For me,I do not need it,but I am very very interested in it.

I need to exprain my thoughts with more detailed.I mean,I said "sequence" for S30-00001 HLS30-00001 PS30-00001.During long-life discussion,I became to think The VIN is VIN. VIN does not much exactly sequence which car is first and which car is next when cars roll-out from the factory.I can say everybody agree with it.

But,this time it is a slightly different.Like these prototype,there was a sequence.The data sheet which I have got yesterday is telling it.

Here is some questions for you,

The answer is ,No.1 is S30-00001 No.2 is HLS30-00001 No.3 is PS30-00001.

The data sheet which I have posted its picture before assits this sequence so you can review my old post.

The answer is,HS30-00001 was earlier than HLS30-00003.Why I asked this,I just want to tell all of you HS30-00001 was made in JUL 1969 to cross-reff with my old data. Is not this great,is it!Alan!! HLS30-00002 was also made in JUL but it is earlier than HS30-00001.HLS30-00003 was made in AUG 1969.

Please tell me how everybody thinks about posting a picture of the data sheet.Of cource I wish nobody in Japan(except me) see this thread.If I post a picture,I can show you actual facts but it does have a risk of ALL-ENGINE SHUT DOWN all lights are gone, get into the darkness then we may never get futher information from the factory.

If I do not post a picture,you will get frustrated and very hard to imagine due to my poor english explanation.But we are very for sure to get futher much more detailed information from the factory.I have a positive reason for this because there is a few words about REGULAR PRODUCTION CAR in the data sheet.It is very very short,only a few words but it does say

"Regular production car's VIN will succeed production prototype and is going to be managed collectively by section 2010"

I believe there must be "regular production car's VIN data sheet"

in some place. We have got at least two data sheet so far,it is natural to expect we can get more for sure.

Thank you,

kats