IGNORED

New to me, 280Z...

dar5052

• 4 months later...

I’ve spent more time than I wanted in India so progress has been slow. I decided to work on the interior and happy with the results so far… you don’t realize how much you took apart until you start putting it back together… the widow frames/mechanisms were a PITA. they still don’t seem right but I’ll save that for another day.

20231124_135016.jpeg

20231202_154717.jpeg

9 hours ago, dar5052 said:

I’ve spent more time than I wanted in India so progress has been slow. I decided to work on the interior and happy with the results so far… you don’t realize how much you took apart until you start putting it back together… the widow frames/mechanisms were a PITA. they still don’t seem right but I’ll save that for another day.

20231124_135016.jpeg

20231202_154717.jpeg

Any pointers for the leather interior? I am about to start this same work

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

Any pointers for the leather interior? I am about to start this same work

Perhaps a couple… first is the order. I did shock tower, wheel wells, and lastly that back panel. Turned out well because each section covers the pervious. When I first test fit them I thought I was screwed but once you actually glue them down, they take shape. 

I used 3M spray on adhesive. That worked well. Spray both surfaces, let them tack up and install. 
For the shocks, start at the top and line up the lip that goes around the rounded section and then just pull the rest down and try to stretch the material as much as it will go without creating creases. I had to make some relief cuts at the bottom but they won’t be seen since they will be under the carpet. You may need relief cuts on the wheel wells too. I have some but they won’t be visible. Make sure to line everything up and you’re happy with the figment before making any cuts. 
I found it useful to have my seatbelts and seatbelt covers close by since they mount onto my shock tower. This gave me a good visual to compare from side to side as far as equal alignment on the shock tower. 
Lastly, the glue isn’t permanent so don’t be worried about pulling a panel off after it’s installed… I did my passenger shock tower about 3 times until I was happy with it. And I might redo my driver too. 

Hope that helps… 

• Thanks 2

Does anyone have any suggestions for the front and rear glass molding? I have the original molding that I can install but given that it’s so thick/bulky, I am looking at other options. I am thinking to just put the glass down on urethane and have a rubber molding to trim out the edge. I think I have enough contact between the glass and seam to get a decent bead of urethane down but I’ll have my glass guy confirm. My question is more around the molding and if anyone has done this and can comment on the results. My glass guy gave me a sample of what he has…. Pic below. He would make relief cuts at the corners but I think it could work…

20231216_152503.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help in telling me where these connectors are supposed to go? The two white wires come off the ecu. The other connector is under the passenger seat. Thanks in advance. 20240115_130258.jpg20240115_130228.jpg