IGNORED

Oil pump

ennisdavis

If he turns it with a pipe wrench would he need to worry about what the spindle does in the distributor? I can't think of anything that it could hurt and he'll have to re time all that anyway. The rotor button will turn freely.

Pipe wrench and a cheater bar if you have room or the hit with "big enough hammer" as Zkars says should brake it loose

That's some crack in the pump case; I can see why you want it off.

I can't help but wonder how long the engine has been sitting; from the look of it, it's been a while.

With that in mind, here's a thought...

Remove the bottom plate and see if the rotors are free and loose. It might help things if one could remove the bogey rotor.

Withdrawal may be hindered by gunked/junked up drive gear engagement and/or a gummy bushing and/or poor conditions in the bore the shaft runs in.

With that in mind, it would seem worth the effort to pull the distributor and fill the open bore with your favorite thin rust-buster and leave it overnite to steep. Bonus Luck points if the liquid makes it thru to the drive rotor.

I would then be tempted to try a little rotation, tho I would favor providing some leverage for short, measured impacts as the applied force. At the same time, a little heat might add inducement.

$.02 from the cheap seats.

Edited by ensys
  • Like 1