IGNORED

Cleaning drains

chaseincats

In the interest of guarding against potential rust, does anybody know the locations of the drains?  If these are clogged, water backs up and rusts the metal out.

For example, there are 3 drain holes on the bottom of both doors and one for the antenna

Anybody know any others?

Those hoses actually are mounted inside the cabin under the corners of the dash. The is a screw clamp on the cowl part not shown in this pic. 

You can pull them off to make sure they are clear. They exit under the fender side like jfa's pic above. 

drain.jpg

• Like 1

There's another weep hole under the fenders that's filled with seam sealer from the factory - and I don't understand why. Every time we paint a Z, I dig the seam sealer out of both sides and clear out this weep hole. Here in the desert SW, very few cars actually get water up in that part of the body BUT we've had a Z come through that obviously had water in that cavity - along with other debris - that caused a great deal of rust under the fender and on top of that rail. I took some pictures of the area from another Z we have in the shop (that didn't have any rust problems under the fender😞

20210817_111041[1].jpg20210817_111431[1].jpg20210817_111627[1].jpg

20210817_111054[1].jpg

The first pic is right side close up. The second is the left side with the gob of sealer removed. The third is the hole backlit so you can see it. The fourth is a wider angle of the right side so you can see where I'm working.

Edited by cgsheen1

53 minutes ago, cgsheen1 said:

There's another weep hole under the fenders that's filled with seam sealer from the factory - and I don't understand why. Every time we paint a Z, I dig the seam sealer out of both sides and clear out this weep hole. Here in the desert SW, very few cars actually get water up in that part of the body BUT we've had a Z come through that obviously had water in that cavity - along with other debris - that caused a great deal of rust under the fender and on top of that rail. I took some pictures of the area from another Z we have in the shop (that didn't have any rust problems under the fender😞

20210817_111041[1].jpg20210817_111431[1].jpg20210817_111627[1].jpg

20210817_111054[1].jpg

The first pic is right side close up. The second is the left side with the gob of sealer removed. The third is the hole backlit so you can see it. The fourth is a wider angle of the right side so you can see where I'm working.

In order to get to that, I'd need to remove the fender, correct?

• Agree 1