IGNORED

What spline lug lock is this??

Drill down through the middle of the nut to remove the stud.  Then replace the stud after you get the wheel off.

Even if you start doing this and change your mind or find a better way it won't make the nut harder to remove.  

Here's something I tried on a spare tire locking nut that worked.  Find a socket that fits over the nut but has a small gap between it and the nut.  Fill the socket with a ring or blob of SteelStick, press it over the nut and let it cure.  You've just made your own "key".  It is amazingly strong stuff.

https://www.jbweld.com/product/steelstik-epoxy-putty-stick

image.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What will cutting a slit in it do??

these things have been on for like 10 years.  I’m thinking dremnel two flat sides so I can use open ended wrench. But when I try to hammer down the device wether socket or whatever just bounces off.  Hmmm can anyone locate 9 spline key? I have looked for hours

65F4F04C-8A1F-4033-90C0-ACC14C6687C1.jpeg