What spline lug lock is this?? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What spline lug lock is this??

Featured Replies

does it look familliar? its not a mc guard...  on my 260 tried a socket hammered on - cant get these locks of.. help!!

photo 3 shows the splines....

nut1jpg.jpg

nut2jpg.jpg

nut3jpg.jpg

If you can't find the key, best just take it to a tire shop, sign their waiver and let them get medieval on it.

  • Author

Guy at tire place said could be 50 to 100 to take em off. I’m trying to do it lowest cost possible. 

got a welder? Weld a nut on the end of it, then use a regular breaker bar.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Grind 2 flat spots and you take it of with a spanner.. (open wrench) simple..

 

They also sell hardened cone shaped sockets with teeth.  You hammer it onto the wheel lock and it bites into the nut to allow removal.  I'd be a bit worried about grinding flats as you don't have a lot of space to work with before touching the wheel.  I'm assuming you are trying to save the Chromodora wheels.

Bolt extractor. I usually use them with a breaker bar and tap on the back with a hammer as I try to rotate it to help it dig in.

I have also beat them off with a chisel, but that is much less fun


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just for reference - I won an auction on this >> Sunex wheel lock remover. (Not at home right now so I can't snap a photo)

Maybe google has some better photos - at least it gives a starting point. 

It was used, and some of the 'teeth' had snapped off some of the sockets. I don't recall if any of the sockets had that many teeth to fit over your application

The auction photo (credit to People's Auction Company, Inc. Chesapeake VA)

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.