IGNORED

TTT Outer Tie Rods or Moog?

On 7/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, heyitsrama said:

I was not aware of another manufacturer making a left sided inner tie rod, my assumption was that unless you're getting NOS, you'll have to use the double right from Rare Parts. Please update with pictures if you can. 🙂

Okay so I only took one picture (sorry I was on a tight schedule to put the inner rods on). I can confirm zcardepot has the left and right side inner rods. I originally installed the outer moogs with my bad inner rods and just swapped to the new zcardepot inner rods today and they are the proper stock threads. Installed with no problems and most of my shake is gone, I still have maybe 10% left so now I'm a little lost, Ill have to just replace parts or rebuild parts I never touched yet

20210728_182347.jpg

Edited by Ownallday

9 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

One of the sources of shake for me was the torque on the tension control arm. These cars seem to be sensitive when it comes to steering….

unless your @siteunseen his car apparently is butter smooth 🙂

Thanks I'll check the torque on those rods next time I get it in the air, I'm pretty positive it might be my steering rack, even though I changed to polyethylene bushings, the fitment was kinda weird and I noticed on the passenger side even after swapping my inner and outer tie rods, there was a very very small amount of upwards and downward movement on the passenger side

8 hours ago, Ownallday said:

Thanks I'll check the torque on those rods next time I get it in the air, I'm pretty positive it might be my steering rack, even though I changed to polyethylene bushings, the fitment was kinda weird and I noticed on the passenger side even after swapping my inner and outer tie rods, there was a very very small amount of upwards and downward movement on the passenger side

Ah! I think there is a difference between the. 240z and the 260/280z racks in regards to that bushing. There are some threads about this…

On 7/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, heyitsrama said:

unless your @siteunseen his car apparently is butter smooth 🙂

HaHa! It steers like a hot knife through butter. Very precise and quick but I feel every everything which is good and bad. 

I replaced everything on my 240 then bought new Rewinds and performance Hankooks. "The devils is in the details"  is very true on the steering.