IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

Thanks. Rock auto has the Exedy 06030 Clutch kit in stock . About to order but it says for 2+2?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1982,280zx,2.8l+l6,1209350,transmission-manual,clutch+kit,1993

Would this work with the stock fly wheel? Might opt to just lighten the extra fly wheel I have but just what to be sure. Will probably go with the Findaza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 240mm clutch setup will work with a stock flywheel as long as the bearing sleeve has also been replaced to match the pressure plate.

I was not able to find an economical solution to get my OEM flywheel lightened, it was cheaper for me to order the fidanza one, I called up Rebello and asked if they recommended a shop in the area that could do it for me, but the gent on the phone said that they just order them new/lightend.

Take a look at the thread I linked, i have some references to Exedys product catalogs.

@EuroDat helped me out when i was looking for parts/fixing the rattle, maybe he can confirm my understandings....

The bolt patterns are different between 225 and 240 clutches.  I think that the Fidanza flywheel might be drilled for either, but if you go with a Nissan flywheel you need to use the pressure plate that matches the flywheel.

p.s. the 225 mm flywheels are almost impossible to find on the aftermarket.  Everybody has gone to 240 mm only.  You can get the clutch kits but not the flywheels.  Something to consider if you find a problem with your flywheel.

https://www.fidanza.com/products/aluminum-flywheel-143281?variant=11938804858923

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

Thanks, both of you have totally cleared the fog on this. Once again the rock auto website says (2+2 ) model for Exedy kit, that’s not a issue for my std 2 seater?
I’m ordering the Exedy 06030 clutch kit and Fidanza Fly Wheel today.
I really appreciate the help here.

Didn’t see it mentioned in the threads above. There are 3 extra bolt locations on the 240mm pressure plate. I had extrasffor my install. Not sure if they are NLA.

So are you saying I need to find additional bolts to attach the Fly
Wheel?

On 7/19/2021 at 12:13 PM, Av8ferg said:

So are you saying I need to find additional bolts to attach the Fly
Wheel?

No, the patterns are different.  The 240 mm is three sets of three holes, and the 225 is six evenly spaced holes.  You can see it in the pressure plates.  You can't use a 225 plate on a 240 flywheel, or vice-versa.  Edit - this statement might not be correct.  CREATE DO LOOP - 

225 (8 7/8")

image.png

240 (9 1/2")

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

No, the patterns are different.  The 240 mm is three sets of three holes, and the 225 is six evenly spaced holes.  You can see it in the pressure plates.  You can't use a 225 plate on a 240 flywheel, or vice-versa.

240 (9 1/2")

image.png

If you are using a Fidnaza flywheel it wont make any difference which pressure plate you use. Both the 225mm and 240mm will fit the Fidnaza flywheel. The 240mm pressure plate has 9 bolts, but I have heard only 6 are used on the Fidnaza flywheel.

I am using a 280ZX 2+2 (240mm) lightened flywheel to about 16lbs and a stansard 240mm clutch. Works great and has a light feel.

• Like 1

I have the Fidanza flywheel/Excedy OEM clutch on my high(er) compression F54 with a .480 lift cam. It's great. And holds just fine.

I don't have too much in the way of sound deadening in my car, so I noticed a little more noise from the transmission with the lightened flywheel. But after a week or so, I stopped noticing it.

• Like 2

I have the Fidanza flywheel/Excedy OEM clutch on my high(er) compression F54 with a .480 lift cam. It's great. And holds just fine.

I don't have too much in the way of sound deadening in my car, so I noticed a little more noise from the transmission with the lightened flywheel. But after a week or so, I stopped noticing it.

Me too!! The only difference is I went for a 2+2 turbo exedy clutch to hold the extra torque. Absolutely love the effect of the fidanza!
  • Like 2