IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

What paint gun are you using? I used a cheap Harbor freight gravity hvlp cup gun. $15 and it's purple. Works great, used it many times but was mostly impressed with touching up the engine bay on my '77. You can dial that thing down to spray a dime sized circle. Some cardboard and tape for paint shields and I didn't have to remove much. Turned out good to my eyes without a lot of effort.

Edited by siteunseen

This was a rattle can from a company you can buy auto quality paint with perfect color match. I’m very impressed with both the quality and the perfect color match. It’s a two part system. One can of base coat and one can of clear. I did 3 coats of base paint and 3 coats of clean.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, Av8ferg said:

I mentioned that I’m doing all the front suspension while the motor is out.  I’ve cleaned up and painted the steering rack but was wondering about the inner tie rods. 
- how do you know they’re in need off replacment

- read somewhere they are hard to find and only left side is available meaning you need a different outer tie rod,  

- found some for $50 each but don’t want to buy them if not needed. 

I didn’t tear down the rack,  it seemed to steer fine and hadn’t noticed any play, is this a mistake?

The suspension is a dirty job and it had caked on stuff everywhere.  Incredible it could be that bad. 

FD983880-C7EA-4FC3-9DA5-CFADDBEC4119.jpeg 

I think t3 just announced that they have both inner tie rods for $100. I saw an add a couple days ago. https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/260z/inner-tie-rods-datsun-240z-260z-and-280z

Looks like those sway bar bushings need to be replaced too.

I run KYB and progressive eibach springs on my 260z, i dont like how the car feels as i exit turns on the track, the rear feels ambiguous... I hear really good things about the konis, if the accountant can accommodate it, i think it would be worth it.

I got my KYBs on sale on rockauto for super cheap, it was like $30 a corner IIRC. I think I need to move to a proper adjustable coilover setup in order to get my car to handle the way i want....

I think the covid lockdown is worse in Canada, maybe that's contributing to the lack of response...

Edited by heyitsrama

I saw those at Techno Tuning but I think mine are good.

I understand what your saying about COVID lockdowns delaying things but you can still answer emails or calls when locked down.
I’ve contested the charge with PayPay so hopefully he either responds to their request with an explanation or they refund my money.

• Agree 1

Really seems like the guy is just having general problems running his business.  All signs say avoid Whitehead Performance.  It's been going on for a few months.

Go to April 10 in this thread if the link doesn't get you there.

https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/113706-whitehead-performance/?do=findComment&comment=1228704

Really seems like the guy is just having general problems running his business.  All signs say avoid Whitehead Performance.  It's been going on for a few months.
Go to April 10 in this thread if the link doesn't get you there.
https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/113706-whitehead-performance/?do=findComment&comment=1228704

No doubt he’s having issues impacting his business but you should close you site to transactions until you get back on your feet vs destroying your business.
I just got word back from PayPal. My money has been refunded. I was very persistent with him to get my money back and he finally acquiesced.

Springs have shipped from another vendor, that was the last piece before the build back. Making progress while I wait. Busted surface rust and got the front valance removed today. Sanded and painted the front frame crossmember.
Parts are littered all over my garage. 6dfbb002a294836a8a205ff31f19463e.jpg

c33d10c90997f93740e9d76d0d3ab60f.jpg

• Like 2